Accelator pedal problem

I have a 2001 e285 which started throwing the -11 error code last year. Took the pedal apart cleaned everything. Checked the ohms on the potentiometer and got 0-4.6K. Cart seemed to run okay. Got the cart out fr first time this year and the -11 error code came back, Did the same thing I did last fall check the potentiometer still same reading, cleaned all the contacts on the reed switch and took it for a ride. Still got the -11 error code. Brought it back in the garage and sprayed the inside of the pedal and now it is working fine again. No error codes. I don’t want to go through this each year. Would it be best to replace both the potentiometer and reed switch or order a new pedal from Linemaster. Also I can’t seem to find the return spring on their site. Figured it I am going to rebuild it should replace it as well. The part number that was on this site as a alternative part number does not seem to show up on Linemasters site. If I get a new pedal from Linemaster how hard is it to wire it into the exisitng circuit.

As always Thank you for your help.

I think I recall reading a post a long time ago that said you need to call Linemaster for the spring, it’s only like $2, but they don’t list it on the website.

Thank you for the tip

Does anyone have an opinion on rebuild versus buying a new pedal based on what I described above