2002 E6 error code 11

I got an error code11 and not sure what’s up. I looked up troubleshooting and it says to turn off main switch to reset. Recently i jumpered the emergency brake switch so I can’t follow the exact procedure for the trouble shooting. Does anyone know how to fix this code?

I don’t think there was an e6 in 2002.

For the 00-04 models, the -11 error is a throttle pedal error. Take it apart and clean or replace the potentiometer. It’s a Linemaster TIG welding pedal, i don’t remember if the pot is listed on their site or not, but you can call them for parts. It’s not expensive at all.

1 Like

Thank you. My bad. Its an E8 but guessing its the same prognosis. I will look at it.

George Keossaian
architecture.design.consulting

It looks like you can get a new TIG pedal for about $75/new as opposed to the GEM pedal for $250/used. :thinking:
Is the wiring conversion Difficult?

George Keossaian
architecture.design.consulting

I’m guessing you mean e825? Every GEM from 00 through 04 was an e825 followed by some description of the vehicle. They were all basically the same, just the number of seats and if it had a long or short flatbed or a trunk box.

The exact OEM pedal that was used in the GEMs is $137 new from Linemaster.

Check your wires and all connections first.

I can’t say what would be required to use another manufacturer’s pedal.

Good evening
Thank you for your insight. I looked up how to take the throttle pedal off, turned off main switch an cleaned all connections. Seems to have re-set. Hoping it lasts for a while.

George Keossaian
architecture/design

Great to hear. Hope it lasts you another 18 years.