2002 Gem error code 11 intermittently.

Hello new here. I have a 2002 Gem that takes off and stops producing an 11 code. I let up from accelerator and press again and it goes. I can be driving fine and it shuts off and 11. I just keep hitting accelerator up and down and it takes off. Ideas? Throttle control module? Thanks for any help. Billy

Check that the floor mat isn’t hanging up the back of the pedal and that the pedal is clear of any debris

No throttle control module on 1999-2004. It’s a TIG welding pedal. Simple 5k potentiometer and a micro switch. Clear the mat and debris first then if it comes back, test the pot & switch. Pedal was built by linemaster. Part numbers are in gem alternate parts thread.

Thank you so much! I will check tonight.

No problem. Hopefully it’s just something like the mat slid forward.

Here is the complete pedal assembly:
https://linemaster.com/product/421/Varior-Potentiometer/09ASAC-5K/

The 5k pot and microswitch are at the bottom of the page. There is also a spring that is not listed on the page, maybe in the documents.

The pedal is a bit weird but easy to take apart. It’s something like you push it down and undo a clip or the hinge has an E-clip, I forget exactly, but something like that - might have to search a bit but someone posted a good explanation of how to open it within the last 6 months.

It sat outside our beach house in Daytona under cover. But the salt water air is brutal on it. I replaced the accelerator last year. So I’m thinking it might
be corrosion or bad contact. I may need to just clean connections since it’s not all the time and has never left me stranded. Thanks again.

hundreds of posts on this… just search the forum for “-11 code” and let us know what you find out.