8KW Motor - Sevcon Controller - Digital Dash

@Inwo
Tory’s was really good, it would just cutoff at high RPM on a Size6, did not work well on a Size4. I may have loaded an old DCF file. Next time I go over and tune it I will send you the DCF.
I changed the throttle to 12v as that what DVT was reading
I changed the Encoder from 5 to 10v
The Zone file is GREAT, but it is very “tame”, I wish we could set the AMPS to 550 from 350 - not that it really matters. The Zone is designed for a Size 4, but should work fine in the Size 6.

I’m quite sure we can boost the performance of the zone in a s6. With 17:1 My e2 is perfect. I wouldn’t notice more power. It’s on the edge of spinning tires now. I can test in the anvil, as that only runs 45 with the zone.
If troy works fine it’s easier for me to run that than monkey with the zone.

Mike told me to change the voltage at some point in my setup but I’ve been working on stuff around the house, so I still need to give it a shot cause my setup will error out once you get to a certain rpm and voltage. I believe I’m set at 7600 rpms which gets me 43mph every time. But of course I’m aiming for the 50 + mph. Then I’m good. :joy:

You sure it’s over voltage? We’ve been running 9k rpm.
Set encoder voltage to 10v and keep encoder wires short and away from power cables. Previous to that I would get encoder errors.
I asked R4F to look for 6:1 gears again. I still think the Pmac is a winner with tall enough gears to run 4k rpm.
Maybe 1:1. Direct to wheels.:thinking::wink::rofl:

Yep. Encoder is what I sent him the instructions for. He just needs to test it.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I had to watch this again and think? Dang this guy is good! Give credit where credit is due. I love it!

1 Like

Mike, question…

will this work with an old android phone (Samsung J3) or does it need a more modern tablet?

It just runs the Torque Pro app, so if you can download and run that app on your phone you are golden.

I missed this post. Thanks for pointing me to it. Very cool. I already run Torque in my truck so the learning curve on this will be very low. I went ahead and grabbed a Can Translator too.

Man that’s really nice I’d say I like it but I really LOVE IT!! Lol

Do you have an example of how to add the custom PIDs? I got stuck on the last two.

Pid=dd05
NAme=rpm
Short name=rpm
Min/max
Unit type=?
Equation=?

Yep. As soon as I get back to my computer I will post it.

Here is the cvs file - should have all the info you need. I had to play around with the name and display name to get them the way I wanted on the Dashboard, but the formulas and addresses should all be correct.

Sevcon+PID-mdn.csv (706 Bytes)

@diymatt - did you get the info?

I did. Thank you.

It didn’t work for me so I’ll revisit this tomorrow.

My tablet connects to the OBD2 dongle. I can see it communicating. I entered the PIDs manually instead of doing the csv import. Maybe that has something to do with it. I’ll give that a try sometime today.

I never tried an import, I just entered them manually, the file came from Thuderstruck and I made some modifications so I may have deleted a comma or something.

Why is everything fighting me.

Top left shows Ecu is connected.
In the background there is the obd2 dongle. It flashes green with connectivity.

I grabbed the pro version and things are going better. The lite version doesn’t seem to pull in the custom PIDs or I was just doing something wrong.

Oh, yes you have to have the PRO version - sorry if that was not clear.

Ok, all good in the hood now.

The connection seems spotty but that might be my crappy Bluetooth dongle I suppose.

1 Like