2018 Gem Spedometer Cluster issue

Mine is a red and a red/blk wire.
Can you see if its NO or NC contact?
I don’t know the effect of disconnected versus shorted.

Ok cool, sorry took a few but yes one (bottom) was d/c from adding and removing speedometer. It did not clear the light as of now. Just wanted to let you guys know there was an issue there

the switch is open when the brake is engaged, so an open (or wire off) would cause the light to come on.
the switch is closed when you disengage the brake.

1 Like

Connect the two wires. Maybe it broke the switch.

Not questioning but are you sure you got the connector on the Speedo fully connected? You might want to try again, or compare part numbers on both of them.

This is how I found it and attached it underneath, still same results w brake indicator light ON

put the wire on the other terminal. - there are a total of three, it can be normally open or normally closed. you put it back on the wrong terminal.
In your picture it should go right below the current wire, or at least that is how mine is.

Oh I didn’t see three but I probably missed it. I ran out of sunshine gona have to break out some lights after dinner.

I will get back to you guys, definitely seeing the wire off made me feel like this can be an easy fix (:

my speedo and yours should have the same part number, I just looked them up. You might want to try it again. It maybe bad but worth a second shot.

I couldn’t wait, one thousand percent YES…, there was 3 and everything is working. You Guys are the BEST!!!

1 Like

Yes good idea, everything is still apart t can check pretty easily. ! image|666x500

If it’s no good and it’s been pried open, I’d like a look.

@Inwo
If it does not work for him, it’s yours.

Hi Mike, I just tested / plugged it in and it didn’t work. I can send it back tomorrow, if thats ok
with you?

no problem, I am going to have you send it to Dave (maybe he can fix it), I will PM you the address.

Yes, will do! I read he wants to check it out, best to send it straight to him

I just sent it to your gmail account