2018 Gem Spedometer Cluster issue

Please Assist if applicable,

On startup about 90% of the time my speedometer cluster stalls instead of clearing from left to right ( 0-60 ) and back to 0. I can trick it to work Normally by turning off and on real fast ( when stalling) to work as it should ex. read my mph/kmh, turn signals etc. Has anyone experienced this issue,or any ideas to fix please assist at your convenience. Thanks again!

MG

Does the car turn on when you turn the key switch (meaning just the display doesn’t come alive)? You would know by putting it in reverse and hearing the reverse alarm come on or by tapping the throttle while in forward or reverse.

I would start by checking the display fuse (10 amp) on the 12v fuse block

Also… I don’t know why but this showed up as new in my email. I just noticed that you posted this almost a year ago. Hopefully you got it sorted by now!

MikeKC here on the fourm has a Speedo for your 18 PM and see what he wants for it

1 Like

Thanks for your response, I’m still experiencing the speedo issue unfortunately. What is your price for purchase? Thanks

Thanks for the response. I have normal power from start up, the issue is the needle stalls at 0-5mph ex. Needle jam and doesn’t refresh from the normal 0-60mph on ignition start up. Checking the fuses is a good idea. I do experience a normal start once out of 20-25 start ups so it’s very puzzling. Thanks again for your time

At

@Michael1
I have a basically brand new one. Came out of a 16’ GEM that had maybe 10 - 20 miles on it.
I take less than half price 175.00 - PM me if you are interested.

Sounds good thanks for the family discount Michael.

I think it is missing the black rubber button cover, but you can take that off your old one.
Send me 100.00 on paypal mikenewhouse at gmail.com (friends and family)

Send me your shipping address:

When you get it and your happy, paypal me the rest.

Thanks Mike will do!

Sorry for late notice, I wasn’t notified of your response (:

Sent $100 PayPal to your gmail today

Got it, I will send it out today.
Not a bad place to live, enjoy the weather and stay health.

PS - Great GEM guy (and around good guy) in OC
@Troyin909
@Michael1

Excellent thanks, stay safe and healthy as well.

Awesome always good to know great people in the area (@Troy), thanks again MikeKC

Good morning Mike,

Do you know or have a procedure to remove and install old / New speedometer cluster?

Are you trying to just swap it and let the tampering/mileage be what it is? The better solution would be to do it correctly and clone your old one onto the new one so it is all legitimate and reads correct miles… I’ve worked with https://www.instrumentclusterstore.com/cloning_service.htm before and they are super knowledgeable and helpful. At the very least they could help walk you through how to do the swap, but I think you’d be better off to at least consider going about it the legitimate way.

Just plug it in. afaik

Yea, mine just pulled right out, held in with the round rubber ring, then just unplug it.

Ok cool, just wandering before it arrives. Thanks!

I appreciate the step by step troubleshooting link if needed.

Cheers and Have a Great Weekend

Speedo Received last night :call_me_hand:t3::sunny:

1 Like

Speedometer purchased unfortunately did not work.

Zero LED illumination to Cluster, no needle activity when accelerating.

The original speedometer 18’ working as it did prior, not great but receiving power as it did before.

Michael1