2017 Water Sloshing Noise

My 2017 has live outside it’s entire life b4 I rescued it and now it lives indoors, along the way I have noticed when I switch from forward to reverse or change directions I can hear water sloshing from one end to the other. The aluminum box frame seems like a likely suspect so I Drilled a whole in both of the frame rails so water could escape. Well nothing. I don’t have a window washer bottle so that’s not it. And my car is lithium
So it’s not water I’n the battery’s. It’s a Large about of Water sloshing, And my other 2017 does the same thing water sloshing sound.
Has anyone heard of a factory solution?

Now your just making ■■■■ up … LOL

Hidden rain stick? You got punked? lol

Windshield washer?..

Is recreational marijuana legal in California ?

1 Like

Blinker fluid reservoir?

1 Like

Yes and they are or were mostly Bernie Bros! lol

Wow Thanks Guy’s

LOL LOL LOL

With all my contributions to this fourm, this is payment back to me for all the stupid questions I answer! Thanks!!!

Ok back to being serious for a second. I have “2” 2017 E4 gems. They both make the water sloshing noise. I’m pretty sure it’s water trapped in one or more of the Square aluminum frame tubes. I’m positive I’m. It the only one that (hearing things)

And just to reiterate. Both cars DONT have windshield Washer reservoirs.

The sloshing noise is a FRONT to BACK occurrence. You can’t hear it when you turn the corner but when you put on the brakes you can definitely hear it.

We love you G. Have you tried turning up the stereo ?

Happy Easter . Curious what it is . Any idea roughly we’re it is coming from? Front , rear ?

Bladder empty?..

Water between inside and outside rear panels.

I removed my e4’s rear seat to make room for the mobility cart, O2 concentrator etc. In fastening things to the rear inside panel, I discovered that even though I removed pushpins the inside and outside panels couldn’t be separated because they were glued together … except at the top. So a possibility is water entered the top of the outside panel and the sealant is keeping the water trapped between the inside and outside panels.

I think your talking about the (Quarter Panels)
I know these are Glued to the car in some parts. I have to replace this panel so perhaps when I do it I can do some looking around. Any advise on where I can get a new panel? Passenger side rear.

Nope. I was referring to water trapped between p/n 5452113-070 and p/n 5452109-666. And the part you want is p/n 5456227-666 $320.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the part numbers Ideas. I’ll check them out

On the water issue… I have found water in the aluminum frame, there may be two walls in the aluminum channel ( maybe you only drilled through one? )
That noise could also be the oil or oil & water mixture sloshing around inside the differential.
Walt

Hey Walt I checked. My square aluminum tubes. Unfortunately they are not like yours I ran a long drill bit threw and checked

Here Ya Go

Um, glad to know you weren’t hallucinating . Stupid that Gem doesn’t know about it . Thanks for documenting .

I would suggest that you plug the drain holes. I’m not sure if you have to worry about it in your neck of the woods but I’ve seen many vehicle frames rusted out from all the sediment/road grime accumulating inside and holding moisture.