2015 GEM es moves very slow

Ask FedEx if the BBB would be interested in how they have responded to their package damage and subsequent insurance claim? Sounds like bullsh;t to me and they are dragging it out in hopes you drop it.

I will not let this go! Iā€™ll see if they respond by tomorrow. Today was considered a national holiday. Iā€™m p;ssed to say the least.

Nick Valsamakis

1 Like

Well I called Fedex again this morning. I spoke with customer service and they transferred me to a claims representative. This representative told me that the person my case was assigned to didnā€™t finish the investigation. She is willing to resolve the case immediately if I can send her a picture of the package label. I asked Rodney to provide a pic if itā€™s still available.

Rodney did have the Fedex original address label that was on the motorā€™s packaging. I forwarded the picture to the Fedex ground claims representative. She replied, " I just submitted the claim for approbation, I need one of the FDXs claims manager to approve it so you can officially receive the letter with the check details, you would hear back from us within the next 24 hrs." Now I wait againā€¦

1 Like

Booh-yah! Called it!

Well it has been 30 days since I filed my claim with Fedex. The claims manager asked that a FedEx Driver from the nearest station pick up the package and then a quality inspector of the station to determine all the damage on the packaging and the item as well, based on that inspection report to honor the claim. The driver picked up on 06/23/2022. The ground claims contact confirmed via email that the pickup was made on 06/23/2022. I have not heard anything since 06/24/2022. I go to my claim online and donā€™t get any information. I talked with Fedex claims on 06/30. I was told that I would be contacted by them after the July 4th holiday. Iā€™m waitingā€¦

I have a rebuilt motor arriving today from Old_Houseboater while waiting on my claim status with Fedex.

so they collected the evidence, how convenient. :wink:

07/07/22, I finally got a response to my claim from Fedex:

Thank you for submitting your claim. After reviewing your initial documentation and our records for the shipment referenced above, we need additional documentation to consider your request.

Please provide documents that prove the value of the property and/ or extent of the loss or damage. Also, please reference the shipmentā€™s tracking number in your supporting documentation.

So here we go again gathering more infoā€¦

Meanwhile, I purchased a rebuilt motor from Old_Houseboater. It is the GE 7hp motor. I installed the motor in my car it is as promised by Rodney. I rode about 6.5 miles the first day. I got to 26 mph and backed off the pedal. The car has amazing pep.

I guess thatā€™s a good sign. Shouldnā€™t be hard to find nicely priced used motor listings along with new motor listings if your going for ā€œreplacement valueā€ since used ones are of unknown condition and no where near as good as the most perfectly good motor they lost. :wink:

BOOM!
$1865.59 from Polaris for an AMD Black
EAD FedEx

This link will take you to the page.
Screen shot below.

https://gem.polaris.com/en-us/assembly/?modelId=L15G2SGALA&assemblyId=307328

1 Like

That should make them send out the check for the full $600 coverage real quick like.
With an apology for only being able to pay for what was covered.

1 Like

07/21/22

Well I got an email this morning entitled, ā€œYour FedEx Claim has been approved!ā€ According to Fedex, ā€œOur records indicate that a maximum value was declared, at the time of shipment. Our liability is therefore limited. The transportation charges are included in the settlement.ā€ Bottomline: Iā€™ll get a check for the amount of insurance $600 plus the freight $90.94.

Meanwhile. I have installed a rebuilt motor that I purchased from Old_Houseboater. The car runs very well. It maxes out at 26mph which is fine with me. Evidently, there is a software governor that will not allow the car to go faster. Iā€™m in the process of dressing up my car. Iā€™m attempting a Mossy Oak vinyl camo wrap. Iā€™ll send pictures in near future.

Thanks for all the support to all.

3 Likes

I know a guy who can fix that for you with as plug in device. Takes like 15 seconds and less than two Benjaminā€™sā€¦

@Inwo

1 Like