2014 Gem E2 w/ Rear Flip Seat

What am I doing wrong can’t open pictures

I just picked up my first GEM car and I am looking at doing a rear seat setup just like yours. It looks great! I was curious of where you bought the parts from and about how much it cost you to fabricate. I have the same year make and model GEM as you so any help in pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. Also did you have to lift it?

I have a person in my FB group asking about how to add a rear seat… posted the link but if you’re on FB please join the group … https://www.facebook.com/groups/1473547709584998/

Bob

1 Like

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I needed opinions. I added a similar golf cart rear seat to my 2008 e2. Mimicking the frame extension above and fabricating some vertical frame cab attachments. Fit and finish looks absolutely amazing and like a factory option. Unforeseen problem however. Whether loaded or empty I can only hit a top speed of 18mph. Had a normal 25 top speed prior with storage box. I have a 2017 D&D motor and six year and a half old batteries. Seat weight is approximately 80 pounds.

Edit: easy fix, guess my brother or I had stepped on or pushed the emergency brake switch on the back of the passenger drum while building. It was stuck forward and engaged. Tapped lightly with a hammer and it spring back into place.

1 Like

Hi there, do you have the measurements ? I have a same flip seat and looking to do the same. Thank you in advance.

What kind of seat did you use to start the project? Was it for a EZ go , Club car?