2 Seater Rear Seat

My latest DIY project

http://s108.photobucket.com/user/user973783/media/HPIM0626_zpsj2rdd2xy.jpg.html]http://[/IMG]

Rear Seat and 2" lift on my 05.

Rodney

Oh man! I want this so bad! I have a 2015 gem where the frame doesn’t come thru the rear spat. Looks like your '05 has the same design. Can you (are you interested in) making one for me? I’m good with a wrench, but can’t weld. I’d order my own seat from a golf cart store (what ever model you used), but need the base frame that attaches to the gem for support.

This is a “one off” to see if it could be done safely. Going to test it for awhile before moving on. Waiting on seat belts.

There is no penetration of the spat. However there are (2) I/2 inch holes thru the back panel for fasteners to the car frame. This puppy is solid. The entire package is only about 90 pounds.

Please let me know if you change your mind! I too would add seat belts. Ours is in a vacation community and never goes on roads with higher speed limits. I would be willing to pay!

NEV specs. require seat belts. Good Idea any way for rear facing seats. Where do you live?

Rodney

Unfortunately, I live way up in Pittsburgh, but I work for a shipping company that would make this frame less expensive to ship. It looks like we have the same rear supports for a bag carrier or clip in stake bed that appears on yours. I just need some level frame to attach a rear seat to. I’d source the seat locally from a golf cart. Just need the frame built. If it bolted together and to the gem instead of being welded in a box shape, it would be even more economical. I can work a wrench, not a blow torch! I can’t tell from your photo how you did it. Our local community actually allows golf carts on the road and many of those are no where near as safe as a gem (at low speeds). I can take photos or compare frame structures to ensure we are dealing with the same chasis. I won’t be back to the lake until 6/10 though.

Of course you can’t.:smiley: I will probably make a few for sale, PM me tonight

Rodney

Rodney, I would be interested as well. Would it be the same for a 2002?

I believe so. Where are you located?

Latest update.

Ok seat belts are installed and we have run it around the block a few times. Lookin good

Rodney

Rob and I are about a half hour apart up in North Western PA. Do you sell the 2" lift for the rear as well? Or know where to source that?

I ordered parts and will build up some more the middle of next month.

Early thru 2004 are different than 2005 up.

Both require that you send me your rear shocks for modification.

Include new bushings if required.

Hi Rodney,

I hear you’re the man to talk to about lift kits and rear seats. I have an 02 4 seater and I live in North FL. I could use your expertise, thanks in advance.

-Matt

We were just talking about this yesterday… Nice work Rod.

No longer build sorry

In a message dated 11/17/2018 7:57:05 PM US Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

EcoCarts
November 18
Hi Rodney,

I hear you’re the man to talk to about lift kits and rear seats. I have an 02 4 seater and I live in North FL. I could use your expertise, thanks in advance.

-Matt