2013 Gem es battery change

Want to change from AGM to flooded batteries. How do I change the onboard charger to that charge mode. Been waiting on a AGM replacement battery for over 4 weeks and told will be 3+ more weeks to get it.

Do you have the Delta Q charger on that year. If so you can use the tap method which is really very timing sensitive to the taps. I programmed an aurduino controller to give me exact pulses

It should be set to flooded now, as Gem does not have an agm setting.
If it was set to Gel, it would kill agms. Or so says Rodney. :slight_smile:

Can confirm, I’ve seen people try to pass off the Fullriver DC115-12 AGM’s (blue case) as gels since the description isn’t really there. Out of the 30+ I’ve seen only one charger was truly reprogrammed with the correct 126 algorithm uploaded aftermarket. Also note that 2005-2007 Gems couldn’t be reprogrammed without the Gem version of the quiq programmer and there was no way of adding profiles to it. Gel batteries terminate at 1 hour, 2 hour, or 4 hour of Finish phase depending on the
amount of charge returned in the Bulk and Absorption phases while AGM’s terminate when the target overcharge has been met.

1 Like

I would highly recommend NOT going with flooded. You can’t get the the rear 2 battery’s to check or add water easy, this will most likely Lee’s to you running the battery’s out of water and charging them and turning your investment into battery’s into junk. OR add a watering system that keeps all the battery’s topped off with water.

Being used to never checking or having to check water level I would NEVER Go back to flooded.
I was good at checking fluid level and I STILL managed to run 1 or 2 of my battery’s low.

Deka Gell or AGM battery’s are easy to come by I don’t see why you would have to wait?