2013 GEM Electric elxd problem

2013 GEM Electric has new batteries, QuiQ charger flashing red 6 times (internal charger fault), turtle indicator flashing. Will a new charger fix problems?

Why does it have new batteries? Did the problem/s exist before the new batteries.
Come back with a problem history in order. We then might be more able to help you.

Suggest you follow the trouble shooting tree for the GE T4 controllers.

http://www.fsip.biz/GEManualsDownload.html

DeltaQ chargers can be remanufactured

Hi Old_Houseboater,
Checked red B+ and green wires both have 72v. The QuiQ charger red indicator flashes 6 times. After plugged in scrolls through the charger lights test then the 120 v in stays lit and then shortly after the red indicator comes on flashing 6 times. On the display the turtle indicator remains flashing. The indicator never lights to show Iā€™m plugged in even though it is. This condition existed prior to me changing all 9 batteries. This is used on a college campus and they ran the batteries dead several times because they never bothered to plug it in routinely after each use. This leads me to a faulty charger, but at $1300 I wanted to be certain. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Tom

You might consider getting your charger re-manufactured about 2 1/2 weeks 6 months warrrenty

Normally $318 but yours might be a bit more.

Diehl Engineering
3233 Myakka River Road
tavares Fl

1 Like

Thanks Old_Houseboater. Found a place in Carlisle PA, looks like $345 for mine.

Tom

I am having exact scenario of charger flashing red 6 times and turtle on dash. Batteries are 2yrs old but charged each manually and confirmed minimum voltage of 12 for each. When I plug in to charge, it does not show as charging on dash. So it sounds like a charger issue based on feedback.
What causes a charger to go bad?
What type of place would typically look at this type of charger? I live in Kansas City area where the GEM is almost non-existent. I have a 2012 e4.
I would love feedback please!
Melanie

Suggest you contact Dave Bissen (INWO) various year GEMs have different charger configurations. He can fix you up with the right model Delta Q charger set up for the battery type you have in your cart.

Rodney

Thank you so much for your help!