2008 gem e4 turtle flashing

just purchased (2) cart that were sitting for 6months e4 showing turtle flashing so i charge batteries by manual and then I installed a quick charge brand new all the gel batteries show 13.3 volts after manual charge then I charge with new charger the charger showed green but the dasn showed red so I double check batteries all showed 13.3 except one showed 13? drove down the alley behind house would not go over 16 still flashing any help ???

The turtle wont turn off until it sees a charge thru the Gem , External wont do it . Drive it a little and then plug it in so it gets a small charge thru the system . You will also need to recalibrate your gauge because you externally charged it .

How do you recalibrate and how long would you drive it in the turtle mode will it hurt anything

SOC recalibration instructions can be found here: State Of Charge Setup GE T3/T4

Running in turtle mode doesn’t hurt anything. It’s just the controller reducing the amp draw to help ensure you make it home on perceived low battery power.

If your charger is not connected thru the interlock, green wire, the Gem will not know that you charged the battery.
Charge must illuminate when charger is plugged in. Disconnect green wire to spoof it.

Thanks will let you know on another problem my neighbor got a2011 e6 2 months ago I helped him order a DD Motor we put it in and all we’re getting is 23 on flatland and climbing about 16 to 17 mph looking at the program kind of questioning the parameters on this one because I don’t want to burn it up if he decides that he wants to go up more hills than flatland he got the torque motor not the speed motor have you had any experience in this trying to findA happy medium like maybe up a hill at 22 and just flat land in like 27 I would appreciate any input that you could give me thank you

After doing that zeroing out it came up with the P0 200

So I totally disconnected the green wire to the charger which is a quick charger and all I am showing right now charging is a red line again I tried to do the reset and it came up with PO 200 not PO 105??? Thanks

That will get it out of turtle mode. Then reset soc to 99% when full charged.

Well sorry I didn’t get back to you yesterday but I had a few errands so I Went ahead and did as you said and charged it will it take a couple times of doing this maybe because once I did it it’s still reading P0200 not P0105 then I switch the turn signal to get SOC and drove it and it came back on within a mile I don’t know I’m at my wits end help please

So it goes right back to the red and turtle mode right after I zeroed out SOC that’s the mileage I get out of it[quote=“ca6772738758, post:10, topic:19156, full:true”]
Well sorry I didn’t get back to you yesterday but I had a few errands so I Went ahead and did as you said and charged it will it take a couple times of doing this maybe because once I did it it’s still reading P0200 not P0105 then I switch the turn signal to get SOC and drove it and it came back on within a mile I don’t know I’m at my wits end help please
[/quote]

emphasized text

Tried that?..

I am currently charging it after I drove it around and it showed 15 on the dash had to actually push it half a block to get it in my garage but it is charging right now after I did an SOC to it and put the percent to like 15 I’m looking to see if the bars go up and down Thanks for your help tomorrow Saturday so I have all day to play with it to see what I can do my other problem maybe you can help me as a E6 brand new DD motor torque of course but I can’t get it to go above 27 all I need is 28 to 30 just so I don’t get ran over

By the way my old 2002 is old reliable put a DD motor over seven years ago and my batteries are now working on Seven years they are Napa deep cycle I’ve checked the water levels and kept them every three months charged on the manual way I thought I would be better off with Disc brakes and better steering but I think I would live through that after spending all the money on this thing

sounds like bad batteries , are they new ? let it fully charge and set the battery meter to 100% .Then try it .

Just took the old batteries out saving them and I ordered six new ones the only ones I could get right now or deep cycle Nampa put 18 months replaceableThe rest is 50% up to 24 months

you are going to need to change your charger setting to flooded batteries . You can google how to do it and which setting it is .

Yes I already changed it thanks it is charging right now

Well it looks like everything‘s working thanks very much I will give it a test drive in an hour or so so I have to try to program this thing so I need 31 or 32 miles an hour I see controller updates on programming on T3 but I have not seen anything on T4 does anyone have any info I already have the programmer this is for a 2008 I don’t see any settings for tire size can somebody help me there as well as get there’s only one little hill that I go up the rest is flatland to the beach thanks again everyone