2007 "Kurrent" NV

Well I am hoping there are still people on the forum as I am a late comer to the list … I presently own a 2007 Kurrent and just installed all new 140AH batteries… I would like to know if anyone has had any experience reprogramming the PCM’s on these to increase the top speed to let’s say 30-35 mph… I realize this will significantly reduce my run time but for my use this wil not be an issue as I’m within 3 miles of work … Any help would be greatly appreciated …

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Don’t really have any information about your question, but I am just trying to find other Kurrent owners. I’ve had mine for a little more than two years…it has been frustrating at times, but I think I have finally gotten to a point where I have a better understanding of the car and have made enough adjustments where it is dependable and usable…took a while to get here though…and, of course, finding information about the car is next to impossible!

Do you know of other Kurrent owners?

Thanks,
Eugene

Hello Eugene - the only other person I knew of that owned a Kurrent lived in Vegas … I have done extensive research on the Controller, motor including opening up some perimeters but the only thing that will increase the vehicle speed is a larger electric motor… Most of the controllers are set up to allow for UP TO 200 amp DRAW … The drive circuit is protected by a 250A fuse … I am still researching other options for speed … by the way how fast does your NEV run wide open ? Just curious … please stay in touch !

all the best -
Chuck

[QUOTE=sbfolkboy;9465]Hi Chuck,

Don’t really have any information about your question, but I am just trying to find other Kurrent owners. I’ve had mine for a little more than two years…it has been frustrating at times, but I think I have finally gotten to a point where I have a better understanding of the car and have made enough adjustments where it is dependable and usable…took a while to get here though…and, of course, finding information about the car is next to impossible!

Do you know of other Kurrent owners?

Thanks,
Eugene[/QUOTE]

I saw the Kurrent in Madison at Hybrid Fest (Now called ‘Green Drive Expo’) - I think back in 2007, and know the company has their own website (or did) - may they are the best source for looking for other Kurrent Owners. or look at EV Album dot com and do a search there.

I’m looking to buy an NEV like the Kurrent and am trying to find out more info about what happened to the American Electric company and their cars. Their website is still up. I like the look of this car a lot and its perfect for my suburb, running errands and saving gas but it sounds like some Kurrent owners are not entirely pleased with the car as it came? Would anybody care to elaborate? American Electric is not around anymore?

My dad has a blue one in Southern Oregon, he’s been thinking about selling it. I’m wondering how many were made. It’s hard to figure out what they’re worth. It’s not really ideal for where they live, on a steep hill along the highway with log trucks running by!

I recently sold mine with fresh batteries . I had converted all the lights to LED and it was in perfect shape . $2500 and the gentleman drove it home here in my town

Chuck

May I ask where you’re located?

Midwestern illinois , Quincy

Chuck

Hey guys I just picked up 2007 Kurrent and have questions. Does anyone have an owners manual or a copy of one? If so can you email me a copy at nikmitchell66@ gmail.com.