2005 gem accelerator removal

I have a 2005 Gem e4 I am getting error code 5 when I press the accelerator pedal. I removed the 3 bolts but the brake line and bend in the pedal is preventing me from removing it I see two bolts that kind of look like Allen is there a way to remove those or a better way to remove pedal?

Sorry I never had to actually take the pedal assembly out. But bending (lightly) the brake line is no big deal if needed. And or removing the line from the master is no big deal again if needed. Don’t be afraid to do either. Blessing the brakes and running some fresh brake fluid is always a good idea on a older cart so you might be able to get 2 jobs out of the way at once! :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’m getting error code 5 “start switch failed to close” when I press on the accelerator. I tested ohm resistance on pins 7 and 9 and I’m getting some variation in resistance when I press on the pedal. I want to try take it apart and clean the contacts since pedals are expensive.

Grant has the parts to test it without removal.
Also an external solid state switch replacement.
I sent them to him for testing, but his throttle was ok.
He can send them to you for return to me.
He plans a video or will at least post instructions for the repair kit.

I didn’t have to mess with any of my brake lines to remove my throttle assembly but I also replaced all of my brake lines so they are probably a little different than stock. I had to remove the upper dash and move the lower dash to slide the pedal out under the hood. It was pretty tight and a pain to get it just right to get it in and out.

Yes let me know if you need the “Testing equipment” sent to you. You could test your throttle and report back and then send the stuff back to david