2002GEM reading # 11

I have a 2002 GEM and really use it quite a bit. I just received an 11 reading on the screen which when checking my manual says there is a problem with either the accelerator pedal or the emergency brake release.
I replaced the micro switch but am still getting the same 11reading. My manual doesn’t say what to check for under the accelerator pedal, I also have heard noises like clicking from under the back seat and the micro switch. It all looks good up until i start and press the peddle, then the reading 11 comes up. Any suggestions?

[quote=Owensnyder;17383]I have a 2002 GEM and really use it quite a bit. I just received an 11 reading on the screen which when checking my manual says there is a problem with either the accelerator pedal or the emergency brake release.
I replaced the micro switch but am still getting the same 11reading. My manual doesn’t say what to check for under the accelerator pedal, I also have heard noises like clicking from under the back seat and the micro switch. It all looks good up until i start and press the peddle, then the reading 11 comes up. Any suggestions?[/quote]

Just bought a 2002 GEM. Got it off the trailer, drove it a couple miles, stopped and would not go, had #4 code, hand brake, next day played with hand brake, heard click and off I went for about 50 yards, heard clunk noise and it stalled with #11 code, jerked around with brake handle and it went again. Probably will have to take it to the dealer. Jim

I just ordered a parking brake micro switch for my 2001 gem. 20.00 off ebay.