2002 Gem Car

not sure about the charger you have but think you should see a green light… maybe unplug wait a minute and plug it in again… see if it resets… not sure if there are manuals for chargers

Bob

Well it may be green everything is faded really bad.
But while it is charging should it be a solid red ?

again I’m over my head on this but think RED is BAD… if you are close to a phone call Lee at 888-677-4961 he can tell you for sure… he’s a dealer and can get you a replacement as well

Bob

The manuals are easily downloaded. Solid red means that the charge cycle is less than 50% complete. Flashing red with no alarm beep means 51% to 70%. Yellow means more than 70%, but not complete. Green means complete. If you here a continuous alarm beep,something is wrong. The color of the light tells you what the alarm means. The link below explains errors for the Zivan NG1 charger used on older GEMs.

http://www.electricforum.com/cars/neighborhood-vehicles/2507-zivan-ng1-charger-error-codes.html

Daniel

Im trying to download a pdf file that has the owners manual for a 2001-2004 GEM
and it wont let me download itcan any one help me please ?

Hi and welcome the pdf you are after… where is it… did you try gemcarpartsdirect.com… if that is the one call 888-677-4961 ask Lee to email it to you or help you… use my name… he may only bang the phone once or twice :slight_smile:

Bob

This same charger on my 2002 GEM just quit working yesterday.

No LED lights working at all on the charger. I did confirm there is electric current going into charger.

Any suggestions on who to send to for repair?

Thanks

If you are referring to the Zivan charger. I had the same thing happen last September. It turned out to be the small fuse inside the charger. I had to remove the dash to get the charger cover off. I then had to search the internet for the fuse since it is not a common one. I don’t know what tripped the fuse. I assume a spike came down the line to my RV power connection where I charge it.