2002 Gem Charging problems

I have a 2002 gem which I have owned since new.Never had any problems till now.
In 2006 I replaced the Zivian Charger with a Delta Q.
I am having problems getting it to charge. I have 6 new Ultra Tran ev 31’s installed.
The charger turns on and the LED on the dash goes through it’s start up then flashes green to signify it is charging. Then at some point it stops charging and flashes 4 red which I believe means it timed out. It brings the charge up to 55% according to the LED. If I unplug it and plug in again it will start the charging cycle again. I have individually charged each batteries and got the LED to read 100%. But then they will run down and the on board will not bring them back.
I am getting 45 volts at the fuse and contactor which I believe should be 72 volts.
I have done all the work on it myself since new. I live on an Island in Maine so not any GEM stores here!
Any ideas?

Google cant find your batteries. Do you have a link or know what they are?
Gem charges don’t have agm profile.
What is DQ set to?

Could one be in backwards. Check from first to last. If it is 45v one is wrong.
Each jumper goes from a + to -.

Sorry I said ultra tron it should be ultra power. Before these I was running Trojan SC225.That was what I had when I put the DQ in so it is set for standard lead flooded batteries

Flooded setting should charge them. One must be in backwards.

Wish one was but they are all in correctly.

Where are you getting the 45 volts?

Fuse and contactor and first and last battery
I have recharged all batteries and getting 100% on LED still getting 45 on those points.

Thanks for working with me on this.

I am heading home now to go thru the trouble shooting lay out in my shop manual

Are you using B- as your reference? Black wire from meter.

No I was going from fuse and contactor and taking my ground to the frame.
Not sure i know which B- you mean. I have attached a picture of B- is that it.

Yes, that explains it. The frame is not connected to the 72v system. Readings to frame are meaningless.
Read voltage right there at controller B+ to B-. when contactor is pulled in.

Well that works better!
From B- to contact pulled in and to the fuse I have 75 volts.

I have the batteries all charged and LED reads 100% so I will plug in onboarding charger. However I have done this before under that scenario and it stll it stops charging and flashes red.Finger crossed.

Once again thanks for the help always good to have another head. Had to take a brake today and adjust the clutch on my 55 Chevy truck!

That’s what to expect with the batteries not matching the charger. Did you ever confirm the battery type?
Gem doesn’t support AGM batteries.

They are from a local battery company I do a lot of business with on marine and golf carts on the island. Just switched from Trojans to the new ones because they were a better deal.

Island is 4 miles in diameter so don’t need to worry about getting big distance before a recharge.

Once again thanks for your help it is really appreciated!

Sorry I said ultra tron it should be ultra power. Before these I was running Trojan SC225.That was what I had when I put the DQ in so it is set for standard lead flooded batteries

Nothing wrong with agm. Charger needs to be reprogrammed for them. Or use flooded setting and ignore errors.
I can reprogram with an agm profile, but have only done it once. I don’t remember if it would finish cycle or not.
It should.

Thanks let me see how it does tonight then I will be back in touch so far do good.