2002 E825 throttle issue

Need help with my 2002 E825 throttle. Old throttle was very slow to react when depressed, in both turf or road mode. It took a while to engage then started to accelerate super slowly with some cutting in and out. This problem happened overnight. I ordered a new Potentiometer from the recommended site in AZ. It installed in no time but the problem is the same as the old one?
Any clues on what’s happening and a fix would be much appreciated.

Doesn’t sound like throttle. Brushes maybe?

Hmmmm? OK. Sorry to sound stupid but “Brushes”? Can you elaborate a bit more for the electronically challenged

Motor brushes can stick. Goes intermittent.

OK. So I also noticed that my speedometer stopped registering speed since I switched the potentiometer?

After a frustrating day of trying to diagnose the issue with error code 11 and no speedo reading i have thrown in the towel and am taking my ride to a shop.
I appreciate all the input on this forum. Until next time…

No data to the speedometer could be a cracked or damaged magnet or pickup. They are located at the end of the motor shaft opposite the output coupler.

I didn’t realise NEVA sold replacement linemaster parts. Of course a 10k potentiometer is an off the shelf item.

No doubt they will start from the beginning and validate the batteries first, then the wiring on the batteries to the controller and converter. Then check the main relay. After that they’ll probably look at the brushes on the motor or the output/voltages on the throttle pedal. After that they’ll probably replace the speed controller.

Generally it’s best to start at the beginning instead of the end.

1 Like