"gas pedal"

2003 E-825 when using the “gas pedal” about 1/2 way down i get about 22/23mph. pushing more no more speed. is that normal ??
batterys are 100 percent etc

REH123

earl halle
eb123halle@aol.com
New Port Richey Fl.

You should get more speed, unless the batteries are cold, or weak and have lost some of their capacity, or the controller is set incorrectly. Going up a slight incline will roll a few mph off too.

controller is set incorrectly how dies i check that?? batterys not cold not weak

Marlon has the programing hand set to check and adjust your controller.

Marlon has the programing hand set to

i have heard of him does he a email addy or

thanks for trying help me

Search “wmgrd” is his handle

Marlon
619-247-4044
wmgrd@cox.net

i try email Marlon but it will not go

so this
I have a 2003 Gem E-825.
VIN 5ASAGE27423F032031
I have a laptop etc, yes I do ATMs
I had a stroke about 17 years ago, and have limited verbal skills-like as my brain does not verbal numbers at all. visual no problems.
I live in New Port Richey FL.
I drive the car several’s time each week.
Not in the x-mas stuff rush.
let me what are the cost’s etc.

thanks

Earl

[QUOTE=REHalle123;13403]i try email Marlon but it will not go

so this
I have a 2003 Gem E-825.
VIN 5ASAGE27423F032031
I have a laptop etc, yes I do ATMs
I had a stroke about 17 years ago, and have limited verbal skills-like as my brain does not verbal numbers at all. visual no problems.
I live in New Port Richey FL.
I drive the car several’s time each week.
Not in the x-mas stuff rush.
let me what are the cost’s etc.

thanks

Earl[/QUOTE]

Hi Earl. I edited your personal information out as a precaution, and I sent it on to Marlon via a private message so he can contact you. I’m sure he’ll get ya going again. :slight_smile:

Earl the cox address should work… try this one wmgrd@yahoo.com… he’s 3 hours behind you time wise… if he calls at 6pm his time it’s 9pm your time… your problem sounds more like the pedal problem… not anything to do with the controller… although the controller adjustments could increase the efficiency of your car… you might ask Daniel (GEMmechanic) what he thinks or call my friend Lee at Beck Chrysler 888-677-4961

Bob

thanks i will try the other email

The potentiometer in the pedal is rated at 5,000 ohms. That means 0 ohms turned one way and 5,000 ohms turned the other way. Can’t remember which way is which. We have never had a pot fail in our four GEMs. All of the parts are available aftermarket and inexpensively through the manufacturer, Linemaster Switch. The parts list can be found here:
http://www.electricforum.com/cars/neighborhood-vehicles/2626-lists-alternative-superseded-parts.html
Be certain to prevent runaway whenever you are working on the throttle circuit. Do not rely on the parking brake alone to prevent runaway. Raise the front wheels and support with jack stands. Connecting the throttle potentiometer backwards will cause the Controller to apply full power when the throttle is first opened. it is recommended that the spring be replaced whenever the throttle is disassembled.

Your GEM may also be sluggish due to weak or old batteries, low water in flooded batteries, or the charger set for the wrong battery type.

Daniel

Marlon did a job for me. got another 8 mph. he does a great helping me thru the steps.
good guy !!!

Great, Marlon is super. About 30-32 mph seems to be the sweet spot for an 825 with a 5 hp motor. (balance between top speed and battery consumption) Although I miss going 38-40 my battery life should be near maximum. I can still chirp the tires if I get on it too much at stand still.

Yes i need help. i just emailed you