2001 E825 Rear Fender Lift Help

Inherited a 2001 E825 2 passenger a month ago. Been reading the forum and learning a lot as I work on restoring/upgrading it for sentimental value. I’ve done the front shocks, half-shafts and a bunch of cosmetic clean-up so far. I have 205/40-14 wheel/tires on the way and will install disc brakes afterwards.

In anticipation of the larger wheels, I was looking to raise the rear fender. I purchased the NEV accessories 7/8" spacers.

My question issues are:

1. It comes with 8 spacers. I only see a logical space for 6 of the 8 spacers. Seems silly for the other two spacers to go on the side? What am I missing or was the cart modified in some way in the past? (picture below)
  2. When I loosely fit everything, raising the rear fender puts it in contact with the rear shock cover. Do I need to drill new holes and raise the shock cover? (picture below)

1. You might want to ask the originator of your kit and ask them what their thoughts were.
  2. Yep. It looks like the shock cover is going to need some new holes.
  3. I also don’t understand the use of the doughnut design. How is this supposed to hold a fastener if you install these like you staged them in your pic? The bolt going through is going to pucker the plastic, might even spider crack and eventually pull through. You might consider what happens when you flip those over. Spread the surface area out over a larger area. Also, use a larger fender washer on the top side.

Thanks for the reply/ideas!
Yeah, you’re right, I need to see what nev accessories says. Short time having the GEM it seems like the community has a lot of good ideas/feedback. For example the disc brake install video that @grantwest did while the nev accessories kit doesn’t come with instructions. Going to tackle that next.
Flipping the spacers is a good idea. Kit comes with large washers, which is good.