2001 e825-4 fit rims over disc brakes

Hi everyone,

I was searching around for an answer but couldn’t quite find what I was looking for. It’s probably out there but I’m just not putting the right keywords to find it. I’m looking to replace the rims and tires on my 2001 4 seater, but I’m looking for rims that can clear the nevaccessories.com disc brake kit without needing the spacers. But on the flip side, I don’t want to go so big that I have clearance issues and start rubbing the fenders. Does anyone know what the magic rim/tire combo would be? If I have room to go bigger and pickup a few MPH, that’d be great, but it’s not a necessity. I mainly want to eliminate the spacers and have some better looking rims/tires.

Thank you,
Andres

Spacers are the simplest, easiest and cheapest method to get what you want. Your machine has an 8.9 gear box. The best tire size to use with this transmission is 21 inches in diameter. Certainly no more than 22.

24 inch tires are too big, with this transmission, and affect acceleration and braking big time.

With a RFF 75 motor 40 MPH is possible. I had this exact setup on my 99.

Rodney

Thank you much, Rodney! My issue with the spacers is the negative camber it’s giving the front wheels. I’m guessing that’s due to old/weak shocks, likely still the originals (I’m not the original owner). If having the spacers is somewhat of a must, then I guess I’ll have to invest in replacing the shocks… looks like nevaccessories has them for $120/ea. Which adds up to just shy of $500 because I can’t just do the fronts… OCD takes over and tells me to do the rears as well because I’m sure they’re just as old.

With the 21" diameter rim/wheel combo… will I clear both front/rear fenders or do I need to do any additional clearance modifications?

Thank you,
Andres

Will clear.

Adjust the camber by installing spacers on top 2 bolts between steering knuckle and steering spindle. Thin washer if minor thick washer if major.

I’ll give the camber fix a try! Thank you for the info!