02 gem 825 power with no key

so i have this cart, complaint was batteries wont charge suspected bad charger.
real issue, with main breaker under rear seat flipped on, cart has power, key switch does nothing on or off, took key switch out completely , power is still on. bridged the ignition wires no change.only way to cut power to cart is to flip the breaker, so with breaker flipped to shut off power, batteries will not charge, and charger wont come on with cart running. cart wont go either. release e brake and solenoid fires but gas pedal doesnt do anything F or R. batteries all are just over 12v get a good 72v across the array but once i flip breaker to on, voltage across array drops to 50.4 and all 12v accesories work without ignition switch.
the cart has the old exposed green board dc converter but im not sure what to test next , its got me stumped i just cant get it to turn off properly all wiring looks correct

Put a few more hours into this gem. Made some progress. Took the rocks out from under the gas pedal, now it drives, charger seems to be working but only sort of.after clearing the 11 code for accel pedal I took it out around the block battery range on dash was at 16.got it back in the garage plugged it in, charger came on, red light on dash, sat for an hour maybe dropped the ebrake to clear the 04 off screen still says batteries at 16. Flipped the main breaker off, back on clicked the gas and now it says 45, repeated the process again after more charge time now says 85 but no yellow light still red, and the whole time the 12v system is still on with the key off, as soon as breaker is turned on cart comes on ignition switch doesn’t do anything. Going to have the gem guy come out and do the dc-dc converter recall ,hoping something on that board is causing the issue

1 Like

all fixed, the DC-DC converter recall did the trick.

the ignition key functions properly and cart is not always powered on, so a relay or something in the old board was fried out and was allowing the 12v circuit to be constantly energized. new converter new relay for 12v and life is good. can finally turn the darn thing off.

Big thanks to nate from iron city polaris for driving 3.5 hrs out to me, to do the recall work