02 Ford Think: Service switch/fuse panel rewire (need pic or diagram)

![IMG-0228|375x500]

Ford Think Neighbor EV Parts and Accessories - NEV Accessories

eBay

A lot of the parts have parts numbers on them and you can look up the number to find the parts you need. I started a thread for Think parts that we have figured out. So if you can add to that list that would be very helpful to others.

David,

Would you mind sending me the manuals when you have a chance?

Bennettwoodjr@yahoo.com

Thank you sir.

David, do you also have an owners manual for 2002 Ford think golf cart, the early version if there’s a difference! Thanks!

I do have the original owners manual. It’s the booklet and I haven’t copied it onto the computer. I doubt there’s different versions as the Think was only built for one year. I know they made changes to the Think at least three times during that year but nothing too drastic.

hey david i asked on a different topic about the sm and sb if you dont mind and in the mean time the 2 small wire on the cells one is marked batt1 neg but the 2nd has no tag and i got the cart with no cells, 2nd the fuze were removed here you stated high voltage i have some 240v used in ac applications but not sure if this is what i need or if these are something totally different i am waiting to power up this unit tell i know the wires are correct also will the unit charge without these fuze in i am not hearing this hum others speak of but then again my cells are new and fully charged, that brings me to the cells, i used agm 100 ah batteries good bad ??

Continuing the discussion from Ford think:
Am a new member of the electric community forum. Just purchased a Ford Think. Been doing some research on the Think to help resolve a horn issue and I noticed that you are very knowledgeable on the Thinks.
I also noticed you have sent out via email the 2002 Ford Think Service manual. Would appreciate it if you could send me a copy since my knowledge is gear toward classic cars and not electric vehicles.
My email is. Bobvonrohr@gmail.com

Manual sent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

hey david can i get a manual for my 2002 think?

my email jaredvreeland@gmail.com

having a similar issues with no horn, front lights, turn signals.

Manual sent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

1 Like

Hi David. I’m having the same issues of no head lights, horn or turn signals. Can I also get a copy of your manual for 2002 Ford Think? My email is gfloresca@comcast.net. Thanks!

Manual sent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Good morning, Mr. Illingworth! I purchased a modified Th!nk Neighbor from a community member last month. Cart has been modified for increased speed and had AGM batteries installed in it last fall.

My issues are: the cart no longer charges when I plug it in. Tried different cords and outlets, same experience. There are no lights on the LED display of the charger at all at any time, which is still factory. I came to realize yesterday that the AGM batteries are incorrect and may be being damaged as they aren’t designed for the charger.

Cart still operates as normal, cluster read I had one bar of battery when batteries read 70.6 volts of charge. I have checked the fuses at the service switch, the top and bottom appear empty, center has a cap on it that I cannot seem to remove.

Just wondering your thoughts. Thanks so much!!!

All three should have fuses in them. Sounds like two of them have been bypassed. To remove the cap you have to push in and twist counter clockwise for the one that still has a cap on it. You would have to remove the seats and the rear plastic cover to gain access to the back of the fuse holders to see what has been changed.

Which charger do you have? If it’s yellow you want to make sure it’s getting ac power to it when it’s plugged in. If it does then your charger is the problem. The lights on the front should light up when you plug it in.

Yes if the algorithm wasn’t changed than it’s wrong. If you buy a new charger you need to make sure it’s set for your batteries.

Don’t discharge your batteries anymore. You can charge them one at a time with a 12 volt charger if need be. You don’t have to remove cables to do so. Just try and charge them to the same voltage to keep them balanced.

If you need a copy of the shop manual send me your email.

I have the factory 7201 charger. Will an inoperative 30 amp fuse prevent the charger from accepting power? I’ll examine the power coming in when I get home this afternoon. The cart hasn’t been exposed to the elements or anything abnormal; it worked fine one day and stopped the next. My email address is Kris.walter@outlook.com thank you so very much!

Manual sent.

Most Ford Thinks had the chargers upgraded to a Delta Q under warranty but a few were never done. A 7201 should be a Delta Q which it will be yellow. The wiring diagram in the manual is wrong if the charger was upgraded. Refer to TSB 04-24-9 for proper wiring orientation.

The charger lights should come on if it’s getting ac power. If the fuse was blown or missing it would flash a code for that. Since none of the lights aren’t doing anything it leads me to believe it’s either not getting power or the charger is the problem. You can remove the top cover of the charger a check to make sure ac power is present with the cord plugged in.

Ok please help. I read your response and I think this may help. I have a think and all the sudden after replacing my ball joints witch I think is not related but the brake indicator light will stay on. My horn, blinkers, hazard lights , headlights are all inop. The cart will run but not with those things. I have the upgraded charger please let me know if you think you can help

You need to check the dc/dc converters. You have four wires. Two are 72 volts in and the other two are 12 volts out. Chances are you have 72 volts going in and not 12 volts coming out.

Hey, did you ever fix your issue? Did it work?
I still have not done mine

Hello David, would it too much trouble to get a copy of the manual? Thank you so much. Gearheadjocass@yahoo.com

Manual sent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>