Zivan charger issue (on 2018 E4)

My cart runs fine but it won’t charge. Plugged it into different outlets and all pop the breaker. I took it to a public cHargePoint station and it turns off saying “Done”. I txt a member here and he pointed me to a faulty Zivan charger indicating it’s a known issue and a recall item. I spoke to my local dealer and the guy on the phone at Cart Mart wasn’t too knowledgeable. Anyone have experience getting a Zivan charger replaced by Polaris or new GEM company?

Ah- 2018 car.
Are you the original owner?
I think it totally depends on your relationship with your dealer and what kind of warranty was sold with your car. That thing is 5 years old now.

I have heard of this problem with the Fast chargers (troubles me because I also have a 2018 with a 3 KW charger). In fact, if you go to WAEV GEM you can no longer build a gem with the fast charger option anymore. So it must be a bad problem. I also heard the replacement fast chargers have been on “Back order” for months which seems like a 3 KW replacement will never be available. However if it is a recall my guess is than GEM WAEV will supply the 1 KW charger to replace. Which means you will need DW to modify the BCM-VCM so that the cart knows it has the standard 1 KW charger replacement.

You can still get the 3kw fast charger, but only as an upgrade to li-on battery selection (which I have)

I am orig owner. Cart has only 300 miles. I am not expecting it to be under warranty but in speaking w Grant he indicated a recall. Sounded like this was a common or wide spread issue

You are right! On WAEV GEM, once you pull up my 12.4 KW Li pack, it does pull up the 3 KW and the 6 KW charger option. I stand corrected. But I still don’t think there is a recall for this condition yet. If so you should be able to pull up your cart on Polaris vin lookup and look for recalls.

can you shoot me a url? I go to GEM and it is non Polaris now

thx @js9354. No recalls.

I called them and there is a wiring harness service bulletin

Did they say the wiring harness is the cause of the popping breaker?

Or perhaps you are just popping the GFCI?

My charge plugs are NOT gfci. Many of my vehicles trip a gfci.
I cant recommend for someone else. But unless you have barefoot kids standing in water licking the frame, not an issue.
There are other shock prevention methods than gfci. Not widely affordable though.

Please post the service bulletin when available.

No GEM (Wave Inc.) said someone needs to run diagnostics on it to determine the issue. I asked if there was a recall or common issue with the charger. The representative said all they see is a bulletin on the wiring harness

This is not an issue with the outlet. I have been using the same outlet for months without issue. When this came up, I did try another outlet and the same result of it popping a different breaker.

If I call them again I’ll try to get the bulletin reference #. The guy said it was the wiring harness that had a bulletin (not charger) and that the bulletin called for a new harness with a fuse as the replacement

I have a bad one, wonder is anyone fixes them.

The one I have here? Gabe was going to help me connect it for testing. I don’t know what connections and signals are needed for it to charge, so need to see one working to get started.

The Wave/GEM rep recommended repair vs buying new. New ones cost $2k. eBay has them for $200-$500 and repairs are less according to the rep.

If you find a repair place, please post here.