Wheel recommendations after disc brake upgrade?

Now that I’ve replaced the batteries and installed front disc brakes on my (new to me) 2002 4-seater, my next project is to replace the wheels. Based on recommendations I’ve seen in this forum, I think I’m narrowing in on 215/35R14 or 185/60R14. From what I understand, the 185/60R14 will provide a more comfortable ride and probably a little speed increase, compared to the 215/35R14. Ideally, I would avoid having to use spacers.

Any recommendations? If the 185/60R14s are the way to go, any recommendations for a cheaper set than $799 from RFF?

Thanks as always.

Ian

You can find 14’s for way cheeper then what
R4F sells. I don’t pay attention to anything smaller then 16’s so I can’t recommend a 14 wheel for you

Thanks @grantwest. Yours are lifted, right? Trying to minimize the additional effort, for now at least, and expense (which, I am quickly learning from reading through multiple threads and now a little experience of my own, is no easy feat!).

So…in case someone with the same question as me stumbles on my post down the road, here’s what I ended up doing. While I saw some cheap sets of used 14" automotive wheels/tires on craigslist, none looked very sharp. I also couldn’t find/make the combination I was looking for on big tire outlets’ websites, and didn’t have the time to go from one shop to another. I ended up getting a combo from Golf Cart Tire Supply (I got ITP SS112 Machined 14" Wheels and Slasher GTX 205/30-14 Low Profile DOT Tires Combo - Set of 4) for about $570. They sell the same combo on Amazon but charge a bit more there than on their own website (plus no sales tax). The wheels are zero offset and went on easily, and I was happy with the price. The only hiccup is that the lug nuts that came with the wheels were too small for the wheel studs. On the front wheels I used the lug nuts that came with the disc brakes, and on the rear wheels I just used the stuck lug nuts. I’ll see if I can exchange the ones that came with the wheels. Anyway, I’m happy with the result though I have not gained any speed, unfortunately. Looks like a magic magnet is in my future when they’re back in stock.

Hey there…I’m in the process of upgrading my wheels. I have a 2005 e4 with stock wheels and tires that are dry rotting, so figured it was time to upgrade. I went to Golf Cart Tire Supply and when I search for your wheel/tire package, it shows the current price as $568.95 for the set, but when I click into the product page, the price changes to $1,597.95 which is quite the difference.

I’m going to call them and clarify, but I wanted to confirm with you if possible, you paid $570 for the set of 4 wheels and tires?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, that seems strange. Yes, $568.95 is what I paid. Nice tires. Good luck!