What should we do with our 2005 gem car?

Put the extra battery in series any place in the pack. buy a 12 volt voltage "Spoof " from Dave Bessen (INWO) and install it in series with the #1 pin in the 23 pin connector.

NOTE IF YOU DONT KNOW TO REPLACE LEADS IN THE CONNECTOR ASK. You have to unlock the connector by pulling the red portion down to release or insert the wires.

You need a battery, #4 wire, 4 terminal ends, Daves Spoof and an hour.

The stock 5hp GE motor LOVES 84 volts. You get either range or speed. My 2 seater can spin the tires and does 38 MPH with the long 5hp and 42 with the RFF.motor. Range at 25/30 Mph is 22 miles. Cruises effortlessly at 35. Range goes down quick over 35.

I charge the extra battery with a dumb car charger.

Hmmm

Over the last 5 years I have bought 48 of of the Orilley batteries without any problems.

Our car was really good for a while, then the turtle came on again and there’s no power. I had it towed to a friend who works on them. I’m giving him your instructions on setting the Delta Q charger.

I hope it works to get it back going again. We hoped that the new batteries would fix it, but maybe not.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I’m really discouraged and am thinking of just selling, or giving the car away. It died again and is now at the shop again. I really don’t trust it any more. The turtle comes on and the car dies. I think it’s something beyond my skills to fix. New batteries was supposed to be the thing, but it’s just as bad as it was before we put them in. We found a battery cable that wasn’t attached very well, and tightened it.

I wonder what the best thing is to do? Anyone want a project car?

You need to get the charging issue fixed. Put a volt meter on a battery and then plug in the charger. The voltage should increase after the charger is plugged in. If it doesn’t you will need to figure out why it is not charging. Tell us what the lights are doing on the charger. Make sure you hooked up the charger wire when you replaced the batteries. I’ve seen people forget to put it back on. Also you must make sure your charger is set to the right setting.

Not unusual for a battery to be put in backwards during the swap. I believe you are past that though.

Thanks!

I think the batteries were hooked up badly, but we fixed that issue. We’ll see if it charges up now.

I have a voltmeter, but it’s so complicated it’s hard to use.

Any reccomendations on a good voltmeter. Mine is a multimeter, and it’s hard to use.

Too many choices.

A Fluke 101 is one of the the simplest DVMMs .

Exetech makes a simple voltage/ohms pen also, I forget the model number.

I got mine going and found that the batts are only at 11.89 volts. All of them! I think it’s a charger issue. Maybe we’ll have to get a new one. Is it a Delta Q 912-7200?

I found a new charger for around $369.00 I’m thinking of getting it. What do you think? It’s obviously not charging the batteries now.

Go to evdrives.com They have chargers for much less that are new old stock. They start at $180 including shipping. Call and ask and they will two day ship for free.

Thanks! I’ll check it out!

Hi, u posted having a low Mile 2014 gem car. Any pics? 30 mph i believe u mentioned. Price? mlmcpo@msn.com Phoenix

We’re hopefully going to get it charging soon. We’ll probably need a new charger, but we’ll see.

This Is a 2014 that I tricked out for my personal Gem.

Lithium battery pack ,

Bluetooth battery balancer/monitor

Reprogrammed charger

Reprogrammed t5 controller

Led tail lights

15” wheels and performance tires with proper spacers

Updated high speed , Quiet transmission

About 37 mph top speed , can be adjusted .

Speedo reads accurate up to 40 mph

Michael Mccormick

239-774-4050-off.

239-784-5690-c

267-295-2806-f

Naples,Fl.

1 Like

Hi Michael, do you have pics?

Mileage?

Year land type of lithium

$? Thanks.

I just put new gels in my 72 V, but would be interested in upgrading. I assume new parts are available on a ’14?

Martin

We put new batts in and just now got to reset the charger. It works now! We’ll see, but it looks like we have it running again! We are going to put it in the parade on Friday.

We got the charging issue fixed, but it’s now come up with a new malady. We got the 06 error code and the wrench came on a couple of times. I started it up again and it went away, but we don’t trust it again. What does the 06 error code mean? It stopped dead when it happened. It was very snowy, and the car had been left outside, so maybe snow was in the works? What do you think? Old Houseboater any thoughts?

06 is accelerator or F-R switch issue.

“The accelerator pedal is depressed with no direction selected”

A bad key switch can cause random errors. As per @grantwest.

Thanks! I changed from low to high speed, and after that it came on.

Hard to tell, but it seems to have quit now.