What car would you convert to electric if you could?

We have Ferraris and Lamborghinis, BMWs and Mercedes-Benz to name but a few, but if you had the choice what car would you convert to electric?

Over the last decade there has been a major improvement in electric vehicle technology and indeed the vehicles we see today are very different to those of just 10 years ago. It seems almost inevitable that speeds will increase, efficiencies will improve and cost savings will continue to pour in for consumers. So, if cost was not problem what car would you choose to convert to electric?

[QUOTE=Editor;13991]We have Ferraris and Lamborghinis, BMWs and Mercedes-Benz to name but a few, but if you had the choice what car would you convert to electric?

Over the last decade there has been a major improvement in electric vehicle technology and indeed the vehicles we see today are very different to those of just 10 years ago. It seems almost inevitable that speeds will increase, efficiencies will improve and cost savings will continue to pour in for consumers. So, if cost was not problem what car would you choose to convert to electric?[/QUOTE]

Tough Question. Not all vehicles are suitable for conversion. What I will look for in my next conversion adventure, is a chassis that will require little to no mods to suspension. Batteries, lead acid are heavey, lithiums are expensive and have issues. In this area where I live is a growing population of the right hand drive asian trucks. Soon there will be some with dead engines. These little trucks will handle a 72 volt pack plus my genset.:yo:

Subaru SVX and 4x30ish KW motors for ea wheel. that would be nice thing. or same subaru just replace gear box to manual and equip 100+ KW motor to it. all that with 100-200 Ah 144V battery pack.

Any car I could get for free! :slight_smile:

Hi Adam

If you find a source of free cars, please let me know :slight_smile:

Mark