Wanting a magic magnet

Will you be sending me an email when the ships

can you please respond so Iā€™ll know you have received this email

See tracking number previous.

To check further I need a name or link to payment.
Dave

Hi Dave, I just bought a 2001 GEM E825 2 seater. I would like to purchase a magic magnet for this car. Do you have any available?
Thanks Brent

Is the magic magnet kit still available? My 2002 e825 needs one.

Iā€™m out but Inwo should have some. Tony your little Gem is coming along nicely on FB.

Michael

@Inwo do you have any magic magnets in stock for a 2010 gem?

Yes, tnx.
$135 to:

Dave
Would your magic magnet solve an 81-82 error code on my 09 E2?
Thanks, Harold Field

I hear sometimes it can pick up a weak signal where the controller will error out, but that is really not what it was intended to do.

Have you looked for the problem with your motor first?
Is the magnet intact and ok?
Have you tried testing or replacing the sensor?

1 Like

Iā€™ve thought about that, but have no evidence.
My one car quit registering speed and I was able to fix it by adding an external ā€œpull upā€ to the sensor output. ā€œHallā€ was pulling low but not going high enough.
I use about 10k in the mm. I should build a ā€œrepairā€ model, if this is common. Could go to 5k very easy.
No one wants to test any more, just buy new parts. :frowning:

I thought about building a testing rig to line up everything off a motor, power and rotate the magnet and view results. I want to find out how close things need to be.

I also like checking if that light in the fridge REALLY does go out.

I made one at one time. It was a cheap inline pulse counter. Checked gear ratio.
An led works as well. Bet I could find it in old forum posts.
I can send you some plugs to get started.

Thanks, for the thought about sending plugs. I put together a deutch kit for my own playing around.

1 Like

I have a 2002 GEM e825 with stock 5HP motor, T2 controller, upgraded 22.7" tires (185/60 R14) & wheels plus front disk brakes. As expected, GPS speed top speed is now 30 MPH (was 25 MPH with stock wheels and tires and speedometer still reads this). At 31 MPH (was 26 MPH) motor limiter shuts me down and requires a stop and restart.

I canā€™t roll downhill at say 35 MPH and when the accelerator is let off to keep the speed under the limit, the motor braking engages for a less than pleasant experience. Iā€™m not fond of the motor braking in general.

I gather that the Magic Magnets will resolve my rolling downhill speed limit but will it help get more accurate speedometer readings or with the jerky motor braking?

At $135, Iā€™m not expecting miracles :slight_smile:

The motor braking wonā€™t kick in because the controller will think you are going like half the speed you actually are.

It will not help your speedometer on a GEM of that age, there is one switch setting (ask Dave which one) that will allow your readout in kph to be an accurate mph number IIRC. Unfortuantely, on the T2 the kph/mph setting can only be switched with a programmer. If you have a programmer, you donā€™t need the MM. You can raise the max governor setting to whatever you want on a T2. Itā€™s ā€œMAX OVERSPEEDā€ variable. I had it set to 45 once, almost flipped my 02 truck model making a turn at speed.

Then you shall be pleasantly surprised beyond your wildest dreamsā€¦

ā€¦unless you are expecting it to find that missing sock, then your SOL. (look under the couch)

1 Like

You wonā€™t get miracles but you will get Magic. IT will help with all your problems except speedometer accuracy.

1 Like

I am looking to buy a magic magnet for my 2012 Gem E4. Are you the guy who sells them?

@Inwo sells them for 1/2 what I do.

$135 will ship same day.
Venmo @Dave-Bissen-1

1 Like