Waddayathink

Most of you know I like lifted carts. I started on my E2 this morning. Lifted only the rear 3 3/4 inches. Wife said quit, looks good as is.

I kinda like the rake. Should I do the front or leave it alone?

Rodney

Looks good, Rodney! Do you plan to install bigger or taller tires too?

RWD

Not right now. Wheels and tires are almost new.

I like the higher stance too but am hesitant to do that since I changed to lithium batteries and have a higher top end speed. Without heavier batteries I’m concerned my GEM may become a bit top heavy.

RWD

Always a valid concern. However IMHO front end alignment and brakes are the most critical aspect of keeping your GEM as safe as it can be.

A surprising number of GEMS are BAD twitchy due to misalignment. They can be half a lane over in a heartbeat.

Early GEM brakes are marginal at best, wet brake linings are recipe for disaster.

One of these items willl probably get you long befor a 4" lift.

[quote=OLD HOUSEBOATER;28775]Most of you know I like lifted carts. I started on my E2 this morning. Lifted only the rear 3 3/4 inches. Wife said quit, looks good as is.

Rodney[/quote]

Looks good leave it alone.

[quote=OLD HOUSEBOATER;28775]Most of you know I like lifted carts. I started on my E2 this morning. Lifted only the rear 3 3/4 inches. Wife said quit, looks good as is.

Rodney[/quote]

I got close to 6 inches of lift simply by flipping over my swing arm on my utility. I custom built lift for front end, rolling out on 14x23 inch tires with no rub.
I like the rake on yours I would leave it alone.

[quote=SCOUT202;28793]I got close to 6 inches of lift simply by flipping over my swing arm on my utility. I custom built lift for front end, rolling out on 14x23 inch tires with no rub.
I like the rake on yours I would leave it alone.[/quote]

Agree!
Rake was cool in the 60s. :smiley:
Highway patrol drove his squad under my 65 Barracuda up to the wheels. He was not impressed!

Have 14X23X10 on my truck with no lift and no rub, with help from Rodney’s front tire clearance idea.

Did you take the picture down? Not seeing any photo of “raked” GEM… But would like to. :slight_smile: