Volts

I’m running a 96volt system on a vw bug. But something seems to be wrong. I start driving and the volts drop rapidly to just under 60v, and they seem to stay there, Is this normal?

Richard

[QUOTE=rrmendoza;5009]I’m running a 96volt system on a vw bug. But something seems to be wrong. I start driving and the volts drop rapidly to just under 60v, and they seem to stay there, Is this normal?

Richard[/QUOTE]

That wouldn’t be normal.
I would ask, where are you measuring the voltage, at the batteries or at the controller?
If at the batteries, you could have a bad connection on one of your batteries.
At the controller would be after a lot of connections, you could have a voltage drop across a bad connection.

Are any of your connections getting hot?

Does the voltage rise back to 96v when you let off the throttle?

You might want to setup a temporary way to measure voltage of your individual batteries. This will help isolate a bad battery. You could measure one at a time, just make your meter connection, drive a little record voltage then put meter on second battery, etc.
Good luck, Mike

The volts are being measured at the controller, and yes it slowly does come back up when I let off the throttle.

I’ll try and measue each battery individually.

Thx for the advice.

thats some pretty major voltage sag… I’d check the voltage per battery if you can… see what one is getting low… I think you might have a bad battery or two.