UTV enquiry

Can anyone throw any light on electric utility vehicles (UTVs)?

I´ve come across a no-name brand, 4x4 `homologated´ UTV that is made in China and marketed through the Greek company Pro-Ceed, and what appears to be the same model sold as a Texan Titan Scout E4. Key details:

A 4 seat electric UTV equipped with a cargo box able to carry 400 kgs, with a selectable 4X4 system and with impressive standard technical specifications such as: 72 volt battery system (12 pieces X 6 volt/225Ah batteries) for higher range per charge, ADC/AC 7.5 Kw motor (the most powerful brushless motor in the industry), four wheel hydraulic brakes (four disc brakes), Sevcon Gen 4 speed controller, 72Volt-25Amp TC battery charger, aluminum wheels, double arm independent suspension. Vehicle dimensions LWH: 363016402130 (mm), ground clearance: 310mm, wheelbase: 1822mm. Top speed: 40km/h.

As yet I haven´t found any customer reviews, and as I have no experience of electric vehicles, any help with assessing this vehicle would be appreciated.

First off … this thing sounds wicked awesome. But know what you are getting into!

Coming from China, there are likely going to be some quality issues. And don’t assume that because it looks like a car sold here that they are the same. I am speaking from experience here. :wink:

I got a damn good deal on an EV that looked like some vehicles made here (the Mullen Motor 100e and the Atomic Motors Ev2). I have had a lot of correspondence with Jim Rice at Atomic and he has sent me some interesting pictures. Bottom line, he is selling a far better quality vehicle than I bought. But again, I saved a lot of money and I am enjoying the heck out of my car.

Expect that you are not going to be able to easily order parts. And when you need a new part you might find yourself awkwardly trying to talk to folks in China using a Google translator. Or for that matter, walking into ATV dealerships with the part in-hand asking for some assistance matching it up (aka “eyeballing” through replacement parts).

Now that I have said all that - are you able to buy it? I don’t know how your import laws work, but ours in the USA are pretty awful. As a consumer, I had no chance in hell of importing my own vehicle. So I had to find someone else who had done all the work of getting it approved for the road.

Oh, and I am hung up on 7.5Kw. I would kill for that. I have a 2.8Kw motor, and sometimes when I am going uphill I feel like kicking the sides like a donkey to get er’ moving. :smiley:

Also, I was sorting out Bookmarks today and I found this one. Has some good (and quite relevant) info if you haven’t been on this site before …

China ATVs, And All You Need To Know About Them

“Oh, and I am hung up on 7.5Kw. I would kill for that. I have a 2.8Kw motor, and sometimes when I am going uphill I feel like kicking the sides like a donkey to get er’ moving. :-D”

Man thats 10HP You will need a BIG capacity controller and big cables to power that puppy. I want a ride when you get done. Will your gearbox handle it?