Do you like this EV?

I got this picture from one of my friend in China, they are going to make this EV for exporting to Europe, it is a road legal quadrycycle, rear driven by 3.5kw DC motor, mileage 60-80km(depends on battery), max. spd.40km/h. 2.7meter long, 1.45 wide and 1.25 high, soft top, open type at sides. I was told the wholesell price is around EURO3,000, but feel the car looks a little bit out of fashion, what’s others here will comment? is this car worth to distribute?

I personally dont like it. cheap looking, bugeyed, 25mph top speed golfcart. but ofcource i have different tastes.

but oddly theres a market for almost anything.

Yeah, seems more like a golfcart than a motor vehicle.

[QUOTE=321goo;6367]I got this picture from one of my friend in China, they are going to make this EV for exporting to Europe, it is a road legal quadrycycle, rear driven by 3.5kw DC motor, mileage 60-80km(depends on battery), max. spd.40km/h. 2.7meter long, 1.45 wide and 1.25 high, soft top, open type at sides. I was told the wholesell price is around EURO3,000, but feel the car looks a little bit out of fashion, what’s others here will comment? is this car worth to distribute?[/QUOTE]

Yep, intresting - do you know who is the manufacturer in China?

I know the manufacturer, in fact, they just finished the first prototype and test it on road now, I got this link in which you can see pictures and video:

Flickr: E-bugy’s Photostream

[QUOTE=321goo;6367]I got this picture from one of my friend in China, they are going to make this EV for exporting to Europe, it is a road legal quadrycycle, rear driven by 3.5kw DC motor, mileage 60-80km(depends on battery), max. spd.40km/h. 2.7meter long, 1.45 wide and 1.25 high, soft top, open type at sides. I was told the wholesell price is around EURO3,000, but feel the car looks a little bit out of fashion, what’s others here will comment? is this car worth to distribute?[/QUOTE]
ok -pls. keep informed, if and when avaiable and is it possible to have with a covered hard cabin - not soft top, open type at sides.

Above is the website of this EV.

I was told they were going to show the vehicle on Canton Fair next Spring.

My friend sent me these pics, share here.

with the new laws enstated by the US we are oked to have electric vehicles out here now, so to get something that goes less than 55 is almost useless unless you are in a southern part of the country in a large housing development to replace a golf kart.

I’m not against the vehicle above, but the 25mph REALLY limits the buyers for it.

In Europe we have ‘quadricycle’ laws - they’re similar to the NEV regulations in the US except there is no speed limitation. Instead the vehicles are power restricted. As a result, they typically have a top speed of around 45-50mph.

With a top speed of 25mph, I cannot see this car selling at all in Europe. It has to have a top speed of 40mph plus to stand any chance at all.

It also needs doors and a roof to sell well - otherwise it is just too small a niche to be worth bothering with.

About top spd. I was told that they made it as per US regulation as NEV(or LSEV), most US states has 25mph spd limit, some states like Montana, Washington got 35mph.

The EU model will not have this limit, the chassis is tubular type, can work with much powerful engine/electric motor, the car can go much faster, but considering there is no airbags, the producer will not make it too fast.

That’s all I know.

[QUOTE=321goo;7150]About top spd. I was told that they made it as per US regulation as NEV(or LSEV), most US states has 25mph spd limit, some states like Montana, Washington got 35mph.

The EU model will not have this limit, the chassis is tubular type, can work with much powerful engine/electric motor, the car can go much faster, but considering there is no airbags, the producer will not make it too fast.

That’s all I know.[/QUOTE]

if that is the case it makes it a bit more desireable, but still, it is very limited to use here in the US with a max speed limited to 25-35 mph. if it got up to 50mph, i’d rock one for sure. especially in the summer time. keeping it to local roads instead of highways and what not.

[QUOTE=FEUS;7152]if that is the case it makes it a bit more desireable, but still, it is very limited to use here in the US with a max speed limited to 25-35 mph. if it got up to 50mph, i’d rock one for sure. especially in the summer time. keeping it to local roads instead of highways and what not.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, if the speed limited at 25-35mph, retired people may like it as neighbourhood commuter, for me, it is also too slow. Once I tested the EV, drove to top speed, than keep pressing on accelarating pedal, turn the steering wheel sharply and at the same time handbrake, it did drift and turned 180 deg. but did not smoke the tire…the chassis was quite ok and stable, only lack of enough power.

It’s a real shame that the NEV legislation in the US is just so restrictive. In Europe, quadricycles are one of the safest classes of vehicles on the road - not because of their design, but simply because of how they are used.

They are typically used in towns and cities and statistically, you are half as likely to have an accident in a quadricycle as you are in a normal car. Apparently, the statistics also show that when you have an accident, the injuries are also less severe.

If NEVs were allowed to be driven on more roads and at speeds of up to 45mph they would be a far more practical vehicle and you would see widespread use across big town America. As it is, they are restricted to the point of being useless. It’s a real shame and also completely unnecessary.

Ah well…

[QUOTE=SolarCar;7158]It’s a real shame that the NEV legislation in the US is just so restrictive. In Europe, quadricycles are one of the safest classes of vehicles on the road - not because of their design, but simply because of how they are used.

They are typically used in towns and cities and statistically, you are half as likely to have an accident in a quadricycle as you are in a normal car. Apparently, the statistics also show that when you have an accident, the injuries are also less severe.

If NEVs were allowed to be driven on more roads and at speeds of up to 45mph they would be a far more practical vehicle and you would see widespread use across big town America. As it is, they are restricted to the point of being useless. It’s a real shame and also completely unnecessary.

Ah well…[/QUOTE]

WELL PUT! I couldn’t agree more.