Trailer hitch

I’ve seen the hitch for the e2 but I’m told it won’t work on the '05… I thought Ride 4 Fun had one on their ‘Lil Tugger’ but they say it is an e2 with a box on the back and there is nothing for the eS… I’m wondering if a flange hitch bolted to the diamond plate on would work…
I went to a trailer hitch place and the guy wouldn’t even take a look… found a couple of flange hitchs on eBay… thought I’d ask before spending money… for once

Bob

That diamond plate aluminum is rather thin. We have had to do repairs on several of our GEMs over the years. Many GEMs have the steel axle beam very close to the rear of the body. This may allow a hitch receiver to be bolted or welded on. But the long bed truck, which most of ours are, would be difficult because the axle is so far back under the body.

Daniel

thanks Daniel… mine is an eS short bed… I’ll do some measuring… thought the diamond plate hung too low to get a hitch under

Bob

Daniel… NEV Accessories (480-753-0684) has hitches for ALL GEM trucks… Ivan is the ‘hitch speashlist’ GEM Hitches-NEV ACCESSORIES

Bob