Tires for ford think

These are the ones I bought. Offset ET-25

1 Like

Thanks so much! This is my sisterā€™s that she had turned into a Shelby by a company in Palm Springs.

1 Like

These are my two. Iā€™m adding the 14ā€™s to the white 4 seater.

2 Likes

No rubbing at all. Straight bolt on with no spacers. I have had two guys weighing about 450 lbs in the front and another two guys in the back that weigh about 350 lbs without any problems. Offset is ET-25. Just go on eBay and do a search with the model number and they should come right up.

Hi, I want to confirm the wheel is a 14 inch not a 12 inch.

Thank you

Yes it is 14 inchā€¦

Hi it looks like your wheel came with a 225/30-14. I am looking at getting 225/40-14. on my wheels. This tire is about 1 inch taller and 1/2 inch wider. I think it will fit. I can not tell from your picture as to if your tire sticks out past the fender or is flush. Can you tell me.

Thank you

My tires stick out about 2 inches past the fenders. I will be going with bigger tires as well once these wear out. Plenty of clearance for bigger tires.

Hello,
Which D&D motor did you use? The ES-18A?
Did you use the stock controller and stock wiring?
Thanks

Yes thatā€™s the motor that I used and I did use the stock controller and wiring. I programed the stock controller for more speed and pickup. I also updated the batteries with lithium and Iā€™m running 96 volts.

Great. For now I like the idea of using stock wiring and controller, is the ES-18A a direct bolt on - same flange, bolt pattern etc?
I had seem on another forum that the stock controller couldnā€™t be reprogrammed so Iā€™m glad to se that it is possible. what steps and equipment are necessary to reprogram the stock controller?

Yes itā€™s a straight bolt on. You just have to connect the two temp sensor wires together as the D&D motor doesnā€™t have one and if you donā€™t it will set a code. Also you need to splice the wires for the speed sensor which is easy. The motor comes with directions.
Yes the controller can be easily programed with a programmer. I tried using one that people sell on here and that comes from Forklift Electronics. It is an aftermarket set up and uses your computer but it was hit and miss. Sometimes it worked but most of the time it didnā€™t so I just bought the proper programmer which works every time. If you want to try the aftermarket one Iā€™ll sell it for half the price I paid. Comes with cables and GE cd with the software. I paid $120, will sell for $60 shipped.

You do have to make sure you have a D2 controller and not a D1. Ford had a recall that replaced the motor and controller for free under warranty. If the recall was never done you will need to get a D2 controller. There is a part number on the controller that will either end in D1 or D2. An easier way to tell them apart is the D2 controller is much bigger so just measure the size of it.
D2 is 8 1/2" long by 3 1/2" tall and 6" wide. The D1 is almost half this size.

What is the proper programmer and from where could I acquire it? Are there places that rent them seeing that I should only use it once?

Thank you David

People rent them on here. I believe inwo has one for rent.

Hi David, how the ES 18A holding on? I have a rev 1 motor and controller that need to be replaced Asap. Did the Rev 1 work with it?

The motor works great. The D1 will work but you really do need a D2 controller

Super! helpful as usual David. Much appreciated. I sent D&D an email to check availability. Iā€™ll keep you guys posted. If stuck, I might have the Rev 1 motor rebuilt. A better option to buying used electric junk - IMHO.

Update for those in the market for replacing tires and wheels.
My Think came with ET0 offset wheels and 23x8.5x12" tires. When I rode fast over speed bumps or hit large dips, gutters, etc. in the road, the tire missed the fender but hit the frame inside the fender well. Specs on the Think call for 21" tall x 8.5" wide tires. The stock wheels are either 0 or ET20 offset. So my tires were 2" too tall.

I purchased 12" ET-25 offset wheels with 215/50/12 tires, (specs: 20.5" tall, 8.5" wide, 4.2" sidewall). The ET-25 offset causes the tires to stick out 2" past the fenders. While I love the look, the front tires will rub the fenders when turning into a driveway, go too fast over speed bumps, or turn a corner that have gutters across the road. The only way to use this size is to cut the fender or elevate the Think at least 1". Iā€™m not cutting the fenders.

@David_Illingworth mentioned he purchased 14" ET-25 offset rims with low profile tires. He has confirmed he has no rubbing. This is due to the fact that his tires are almost 1.5" lower than mine.

I have confirmed, if you purchase ET-25 wheels and want no rub, without modification, you have to pick a tire that is less than 20" tall. If you want 21" x 8.5" tires tires, you will need a 0 or ET20 offset wheel. I have found no ET20 offset wheels and 0 offset is very limited and more expensive.

I hopes this keeps others from running into this problem, as I now have an unused set of wheels and tires for sale and am looking for ET0 12 or 14" wheels. 12" TRANSFORMER Machined Golf Cart Wheels and 215/50-12 ComfortRide DOT Golf Cart Tires Combo | Golf Cart Tire Supply

My tires are 22.5" tall and Iā€™m thinking of going taller as I have plenty of room. Perhaps your shocks are worn out.