Thoughts on 280ZX donor

What are everyone’s thoughts on a 1983 280ZX as donor vehicle for conversion? It is a little bit heavy at 2800 lbs but it has good aerodynamics and it looks cool which is important to me. :smiley: I would like to get about a 50 mile range since round trip to work is about 25 miles. I had planned on using 20 to 24 lead acid but am also considering the group purchase of lithium if I can figure out the cost.

Thanks for your input.

Bluefxstc

great car, i’d love to mess with one of those… just make sure the body is in good condition.

mind posting a pic? If i remember correctly they are fairly small vehicles, and that does not leave a lot of room for batts!

[QUOTE=Lectrol;1920]mind posting a pic? If i remember correctly they are fairly small vehicles, and that does not leave a lot of room for batts![/QUOTE]

the motor bay has quite a bit of room and there is a little room behinde the drivers section… really depends on the version of the car. if its a 2+2 you can fit batteries in the back seat easily.

I don’t have a picture of the exact car but here is a link to the Wikipedia page on the 280ZX.

In my younger day I had a couple of them and they are a pretty nice car. They came with a straight 6 so there is quite a bit of room & weight under the hood. The car I am looking at is not the 2+2 so there is no back seat but it is still a hatch back so I think I will be able to make room for 20-24 lead acid batteries or better yet go in on the group purchase of lithium.

Thanks for everyone’s ideas and help.

bluefxstc

Heavy choice.

Did you ever build the electric 280zx?