The First?!?!?!

Hi there.

Was really wondering what it would take to get a reliable 250km per charge car operating.

Keen to convert an older model Suzuki Swift 3cyl.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

well, how much money do you have?

you’d almost certainly have to use lifepo batteries, and an AC motor/controller (high efficiency).

Expect to spend MORE than $20,000

Perhaps you could steer me in the right direction then with recommendations with regards motor, controller etc?

This is to be a medium to long term project - 2 to 5 years so the costs will be absorbed over time.

[QUOTE=Bombardier;5274]Perhaps you could steer me in the right direction then with recommendations with regards motor, controller etc?

This is to be a medium to long term project - 2 to 5 years so the costs will be absorbed over time.[/QUOTE]

Head over to diyelectricar.com and search the forums a little on AC systems. There’s metricmind.com for high end AC systems that will work.

Elite power solutions in Phoenix AZ has lifepo.

If you want a DC system, I work for a company called Synkromotive and we’re in the final phases of test before we start Beta unit production. 600+A at 156V.

yes you r right…

[QUOTE=frodus;5282]Head over to diyelectricar.com and search the forums a little on AC systems. There’s metricmind.com for high end AC systems that will work.

Elite power solutions in Phoenix AZ has lifepo.

If you want a DC system, I work for a company called Synkromotive and we’re in the final phases of test before we start Beta unit production. 600+A at 156V.[/QUOTE]