New EV help

Hey guys,
I’m new here…going to build my own EV as a work project. The vehicle it’s going in weighs 5300lbs and has to meet very specific goals. Being able to cruise at high speed (up to 200 mph) and accelerate from 0-60 in under 5 seconds are paramount. Reliability and longevity are also important, has to last as long as an ICE equivalent. Anyways…

My thought was to do a series hybrid, 1.6 liter diesel engine powering a small generator, so I can do local city driving in EV mode with the engine kicking on when battery got low. I was thinking of using 2 UQM Powerphase 150’s on a common 6 speed automatic transmission, to the rear wheels. I believe those do…about 300lbft. continuous with a 480 peak. Each spins to 5000 rpm. As for batteries, I was thinking of mounting them in the floor.

This is my first venture into EV, and I could use some help on products and setup. AC vs. DC, batteries, controllers, etc. I know the criteria, just need a bit of help achieving that goal.

Thanks,
Alex

[QUOTE=terra;7471]… as a work project…vehicle… weighs 5300lbs and cruise at …up to 200 mph… accelerate from 0-60 in under 5 seconds are paramount… Reliability and longevity are also important, has to last as long as an ICE equivalent. Anyways…
[/QUOTE]
Alex,
Way too high of goals. Is this your first EV or hybrid? The technology is not to that point.
200 mph?
What kind of budget are you on?