Tesla to gem battery upgrade

@Inwo isn’t there a “BMS” board on each module? Has someone figured out how to talk to that yet? They get pretty in depth here Talking about ISOSPI wich is entirely out of my wheelhouse.

No, it’s a central bms with 2 wire communication.
The balance lead point are easily accessible on the edge of a pcb. It takes a steady hand not to short them out.
I have leads on one of my 23s modules. The next one may go better. All it would take is an edge connector of the right pitch, to plug it in.

I am thinking about drilling a 1/8 hole in each of the gold tabs and solder a wire to the hole, may take a less steady hand to do that.

How about hot gluing barriers between each pad?
I come up with 3.8 or 3.81mm pitch.

I don’t see any key slot so a card edge connector would be tricky too. As in shorting all of them out at once if offset enough.

I can get you Deka 8G31 for $235 ea

Do you really need over 200 AH in a Lithium, as the Lithium’s give some much more run time than conventional cells. I am installing a Dakota Lithium 36 volt battery in my Pathfinder 2200V bay boat for the trolling motor, two in series would be 72 volts, This is a 63 AH battery with an 11 year warranty and costs$1400 , but may well deliver the range of a 150 AH conventional cell. It fits in a 4D battery box. Thinking of using a pair of these in one of my GEMs next time I need batteries. Two would be the same cost as 6 Deka Gels with reduced weight and foot[print. Dakota also has 12 volt lithium’s at 100 AH. These are Lifepro4 batteries made in the good ole USA !! 10% military discount

Make sure they can be connected in series and they can deliver 300+ amps.
60ah batteries often cannot.
60ah can give you more than 15 mile range 25mph level ground.

It is generally the cost that keep people from using the manufactured batteries.
80 volt 60ah discrete cells are about $1250.
Not neatly packaged is the difference.