Still having electrical issues (see below)

The following is a repost from last year.

I was out on the GEM a while back and hit a pothole and the electric went dead. I still have accessory power and when I turn the key I get the familiar “klunk” which I assume is a relay and when I step on the acccelerator pedal I get the initial whine but then nothing. Forward or reverse, it doesn’t matter, nothing. I removed the dash panels nd there is nothing obvious. I’m thinking it should be simple but haven’t stumbled upon this simple fix yet. Any help or assistance would be great. Thanks in advance.

Original post:

have you checked the gas tank?

2 Likes

Sounds like it may be the same problem I had, a failed/failing throttle pedal. There’s a few threads on here related to how to diagnose/repair-replace them.

I would think I would get an error code if it was the accelerator pedal. Did you get an error message?

You won’t necessarily get an error code for a bad throttle. I didn’t get an error code at first, I started having problems with mine in the fall and waited until spring to mess with it and then the internal switch failed also and that caused the error code to be displayed. I took it apart to try to fix and found one of the potentiometers and switch to be bad.

The very first thing people need to test, verify and post that they have is the battery power( gas tank )…
Way more information besides what happened(big bump) and looked under the and literally saw nothing wrong is too little information.

Check every battery for >12.5V(should all be the same voltage) and then check the total voltage at the charger( unplug the big black connector and measure total battery voltage ) both with the vehicle turned off and then with it turned on. Preferrable also with the brake on and with a little throttle.

Start looking other places after you know how good the batteries are. And yes, a big bump and cause a battery to fail.