Speed Limited to 15mph on inclines

I’ve owned my 2012 E6 for about a month now and recently moved to a more hilly subdivision (I’m in Texas so I’m talking very slight slopes). My old neighborhood was completely flat and sometimes it would max out at 15mph and then I had to come on and off the accelerator a few times to get it to go on up to 25mph. In the new neighborhood, and slight hill will cause it to max out at 15mph and will not get up to speed until I’m back on flat land or downhill. I don’t think it’s a power issue as it feels like it limiting the speed vs not having enough power to continue to accelerate. Gel Batteries are at 78V+ and I have a range of 25+ miles and the car is completely empty (except for me the driver).

I have not Ohmed out the accelerator PINS yet but I plan to do that next. I’m coming here to ask first if this is normal or a safety feature before I risk messing something up with the cart by tearing parts out. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

There seem to be a lot of suspicions of throttle issues of late.

I have an extension cable that will allow running car with a replacement “test” throttle by hand. No parts removal needed. Access plug under hood.

I also have an led test light that may help trouble shooting. It needs a bad throttle to see if it will show an issue. Ie. more testing.

I can put together a working throttle and extension cable to lend for testing, if it makes sense shipping it around.

That would be amazing - and I would rent/buy from you. Can we arrange this?

Project died from lack of interest. Let me dig it out and see what I have.
It would be better to test on a known bad throttle, but it’s worth a shot.

These are awesome - I’m in Dallas. I’m assuming you’re not local. Anyway I could rent these from you to test? I’ll pay shipping both ways.

Looking at it, do you think you are up for it?
Not rocket science, but need some testing skills. If I knew it worked I’d start selling something. :slight_smile:
Send $200 deposit? Refund when I get it back.

No problem. Let me PM tomorrow and we’ll sort it out.

Okay. Finally got a chance to test with the ohm meter. I’m getting 2600 when not depressed and it evenly goes down to 750 when all the way pressed down. I know this is a little off from the manual 3k to 800. Could that be the issue? Also something to note - when I’m in high gear, I’m maxed out at 15 but in low gear, I’m maxed to 7.

Thoughts on next steps?

I know manual tells you to test ohms. What the controller needs to see for wot is ~3v at pin7. Referenced from B-.

Thanks @Inwo! Really appreciate all your help. I’ll report back…

Found my actual throttle notes.
Must be less than a volt when switch comes on.
A test throttle was 2.86 volts wot. So “near 3v” is more accurate.

Okay thanks! I’ll check tonight and report back.

Are you sure 7 is the correct pin? I’m getting no reading. I was using the cigarette outlet as a ground. It was only me and I didn’t have any clips to clip to the negative terminal. I’ll try again with my wife’s help but just wanted to confirm the pin.

Ok. Checked again and same thing. No reading. I plugged it back in and now I’m getting error code 21 and the gem will not move at all. Error 21 is: 21 accelerator fault safety lock out inspect accelerator resistance and wiring. Next step to just replace the accelerator?

Need to use B- refetence. Throttle and motor circuits are isolated from ground.
Not sure of pin number from memory. It’s the throttle wiper pin.

I have .the throttle hacks if you don’t want to spring for the big bucks.

Are you referring to solution above or is it something else?

Yes, forgot this was the same thread.
Checked again. It is pin 7 of 23.

Have a code 21 to need help lol