SOC reset for 2019 Gem E4

The SOC reset instructions are for the 05~15 generation of cars.

2016 cars have a very different system that is locked up quite tight and not easy to play with.

If your bmc needs to be reflashed I can do it.

Last time I’ve reflashed one was when I replaced it mine and the car was not turning on.

In other words I’m not sure if Reflashing it will solve it

you use digital wrench to reflash the BMC ? I have a service bulletin from polaris that was sent to the dealerships stating that the BMC gets stuck and need the be reflashed so that the BMC is programed to reset itself once it is stuck.

1 Like

The dealer reflashed the Gem car and the SOC has been reset but now I am back to the original problem of the 12V battery is not getting charged when the vehicle is on or charging. Damn it!

I saw it up to about 14volts when I would be driving the vehicle before the reflash. I am wondering if now that the bmc has been reflashed it will only charge the 12 volt battery when needed

I had another dealer explain that the 12v aux battery is in a service bulletin somewhere and the issue is being caused by a set of dc-to-dc converters that were bad . so when the vehicle is on how many volts are you getting at the aux battery ?

1 Like

Well I replaced the 48v to 12v convertor earlier.

I have seen the 12v battery getting 13.5v intermittently but most of the time it is just draining under 12.5 volts sinking lower.

here you can see many of the service bulletins

2018 Gem E4 Electrical System Technical Service Bulletins (aboutautomobile.com)

Wanted to report back that I was able to get a vendor to reflash the bmc and now the SOC is good .