Small zivan fuse = 250v or 500v?

I keep seeing forums posts on other websites to just get the common 15amp 250v fuse for the zivan ng1 because the 16amp is hard to find. However… isn’t the 16amp stock fuse a 500v? It says 500 on it…? You can’t put a 250v 15amp can you? I was trying to get the cart going by friday, so I would use a 15amp to hold me over for a week until the 16 came… anyone know? I called about 30 electrical supply stores and fuse stores and nobody had a 500v.

ok i did some research… this is the fuse link with new part number from SIBA

SIBA

old part number couldn’t be found by anyone

Fuses often have a maximum voltage rating just because of insulation issues but they are designed to blow from excessive current (amperes). You can always safely use a higher VOLTAGE approved fuse of the same Amp rating, it will offer the same “protection” (I put this in quotes because it’s all too common for fuses to be protected by the associated circuitry…much as modern cars have ‘bumpers’ that are protected by overhanging fenders.) :croc:

[QUOTE=Susp3nc3;9388]I keep seeing forums posts on other websites to just get the common 15amp 250v fuse for the zivan ng1 because the 16amp is hard to find. However… isn’t the 16amp stock fuse a 500v? It says 500 on it…? You can’t put a 250v 15amp can you? I was trying to get the cart going by friday, so I would use a 15amp to hold me over for a week until the 16 came… anyone know? I called about 30 electrical supply stores and fuse stores and nobody had a 500v.[/QUOTE]

Karl is correct about voltages. Both of the fuses listed in the link below are an exact fit for the Zivan NG1 charger. The odd sizes may be a result of the Zivan being an Italian made charger. I called Fuseco, the supplier, recently and both types were inexpensive and in stock. In the past, I have tried the generic 15 amp fuses with mixed results.

Daniel

http://www.electricforum.com/cars/neighborhood-electric-vehicles-hev/2626-lists-alternative-superseded-parts.html