Ride-For-Fun Battery Charger (Quick Charge Clone)

You may want to look around someone said there is a new charger that has 6 out puts and charges at 10 amps to each battery…that would be alot better I my opinion

I noticed you have all of the upgrade I was doing to my '09 e4. what kind of speed are you getting with the 6:1 gear set up?

i have 17 inch wheels and 6.1 to 1 and can run 39 to 42 with out any problems…i have been as fast as 45mph

Hi, I’m guessing that the dash battery indicator didn’t work after you installed the Quick Charge charger. I’m curious if you started to get the turtle mode fault. Doesn’t the controller read the dash battery indicator to decide if it should put the car in turtle mode when the battery is low? Hopefully you found a way around this. I’m thinking about buying the Quick Charge charger but want to verify this won’t be a problem before purchasing. Thank you!

Brian,

The battery SOC indicator works but it does not update to a full pack after a charge without manual intervention when using the charger I installed. The good news is that turtle mode is not tied to the battery indicator, I ride around all the time with the battery indicator on the last red bar. I use the mileage and a BattSIX display to ensure I don’t get stuck someplace. To update the battery SOC indicator manually you can do the following:

State of Charge Indicator

1. Turn the key on.
  2. Push and release the TRIP/ODOMETER switch until it’s showing the
    odometer.
  3. While holding the switch down, turn the RIGHT signal on, then the LEFT
    signal, then
    return the blinker to the center.
  4. Release the TRIP/ODOMETER switch. You should be seeing data (P0105) on
    the display now.
  5. Turn the RIGHT signal on, then off repeatedly until the display reads:
    SOC (State Of
    Charge).
  6. Push and release the TRIP/ODOMETER switch. Now it’s remaining capacity in
    percent.
  7. You can now raise (or lower, for that matter) the SOC with the blinker
    switch.
  8. When you’re happy, Push and release the TRIP/ODOMETER switch. The display
    reads: DONE.
  9. Turn the key off.

Thanks for the info. I purchased a QuickCharge SCO7210 and an external voltage gauge. I’m looking forward to the new setup.

[quote=USCGRetired;24169]Brian,

The battery SOC indicator works but it does not update to a full pack after a charge without manual intervention when using the charger I installed. The good news is that turtle mode is not tied to the battery indicator, I ride around all the time with the battery indicator on the last red bar. I use the mileage and a BattSIX display to ensure I don’t get stuck someplace. To update the battery SOC indicator manually you can do the following:

State of Charge Indicator

1. Turn the key on.
  2. Push and release the TRIP/ODOMETER switch until it’s showing the
    odometer.
  3. While holding the switch down, turn the RIGHT signal on, then the LEFT
    signal, then
    return the blinker to the center.
  4. Release the TRIP/ODOMETER switch. You should be seeing data (P0105) on
    the display now.
  5. Turn the RIGHT signal on, then off repeatedly until the display reads:
    SOC (State Of
    Charge).
  6. Push and release the TRIP/ODOMETER switch. Now it’s remaining capacity in
    percent.
  7. You can now raise (or lower, for that matter) the SOC with the blinker
    switch.
  8. When you’re happy, Push and release the TRIP/ODOMETER switch. The display
    reads: DONE.
  9. Turn the key off.[/quote]

just did that procedure worked great . when your scrolling thru the different menus what else can you change ?

do these changes stay permanently ?

I’ve reset the SOC indicator a couple of times but it never stuck and would always revert to flashing zero charge. I didn’t try to change anything else on it. I’ve been really happy with the digital voltage meter that I installed in the dash. It tells me exactly how much charge is left.

wonder were this info came from ? would like to know what the other settings do

300w power inverter is the only battery charger that I have used to charge camera battery. Simply connect this charger with car cigarette lighter charger outlet, then you can charge tools easily and safely. You can also charge shaver, laptop, phone with this charger. Maybe you can learn more about its functions on bestekmall. Good luck.

Jim from ride4fun is not rude, he’s busy and swamped with phone calls and questions and he always helps people out.

When you run a small business and people are constantly calling for “advice” it tough on the owner.

He spent time on the phone with me even though he was getting other calls. I was trouble shooting, he didn’t need to spend the time he did as I was not even a client at that point.