Reprogramming the Delta-Q charger

I’ve found the manual information online,and have a few concerns? The manual says to “plug in the charger,then touch the pack positive lead to the battery post for 3 seconds,to go through the diffrent modes”? My questions are,do you do this with the main disconnect switched to the off position? 2. Won’t it draw an arc,when connecting,and disconnecting the cable terminal, to the “pack” positive post? 3.My batterys are new NAPA #8272 Gel Cell batterys,and I’m not sure what to “cross refrence” them to,since they aren’t on the list of batterys,in the programs? Maybe the Deka Gel Cell listed in the manual?:confused: Any help will be greatly appreciated. I wanted to get away from the wet cell batterys that were installed from the factory,since it’s a pain to check them every 30 days! Ron

Looks like no one has done this?:confused:

We use use the 8272 in ours and crossed them to the Dekka GEL.

Daniel

[QUOTE=GEMmechanic;11215]We use use the 8272 in ours and crossed them to the Dekka GEL.

Daniel[/QUOTE]

Thanks,Daniel!:slight_smile: I wasn’t sure what to use with these batterys! Do you use the main battery pack positive post to scroll through the settings? It’s kinda un-clear(to me anyway) as to how to do it? One said to use the “charger,” positive post,and another said to use the “pack” positive post?:confused: I don’t want to create a ark,contacting the connection. Do I set the main disconnect switch to the off position while programming the charger? Thanks,Ron

yes, the Delta-Q is programmed with the battery disconnected.

Daniel

[QUOTE=GEMmechanic;11234]yes, the Delta-Q is programmed with the battery disconnected.

Daniel[/QUOTE]

Thanks,Daniel!:slight_smile: