Replacement Keys

Where is the best place to get replacement keys for the TRUNK and Trunk reliece as well as glove box?

As far as ignition I see they have factory replacement ignitions for $99 on eBay and aftermarket ones for $50 can some one recommend either

content removed…

Gwest, did you ever find a source for the trunk key and release? I’m looking for the same thing.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff; no I never found a place that sells replacement keys. I’m sure someone here has to know

I use a NAPA Echlin lock as a replacement. There are two numbers that will fit. Check my list of alternative parts. The original Italian made Medeco locks are expensive. The NAPA locks are about $13.

Thanks for the quick reply, but I think you’re referring to ignition lock. I’m looking for the trunk key and trunk release key. I have my ignition but never got the others when I bought the car.

Thanks,
Jeff

Hey Jeff,
I’m a little confused, are you in need of keys for the locks you have or do you need new locks?

Jeff can you see a number on the trunk lock? let me know I may be able to get you a key… have a friend with a bunch

Bob

Qwest… when I bought my car I wanted an extra key… I got one from the dealer for $12.00… there is a number on the key as well as on the part it goes to… that key fit the ignition… fuse door and glove box on my '05, it’s an eS so I don’t have a trunk lock

Bob

Bob,
Sorry I have been out of town. The lock numbers on the t handles are CH751 for the carrier release and AH112 for the trunk lock.

Best regards,
Jeff Raglani

1 Like

Jeff… I missed your question… I don’t remember who had the keys… if you didn’t find the listing that Daniel posted… go to the dealer with the numbers

Bob

CH751 keys are used extensively in the boat industry. It is about the only one for push button glove box locks ( doesn’t matter brand of boat).

lostakey.net

They have most all keys.

Or just Google CH751

751 is used in travel trailers and motorhomes im sure u could get one at an rv dealer

Midwest Keys has replacement keys for GEM cars, however they are pricey. I ordered a set for my glove box and rear release handle by giving them the number on the lock faces. $30.00 (with shipping) and 1 week later, I had the 2 keys in hand and they work perfectly. They also have the Medeco replacement ignition keys.
I would have put their website on this post, but was unable to because I have not been a member long enough. Google search “Midwest Keys Gem Car” and you will find them.

thanks jreed27c… welcome to the Forum

Bob

I have a stanly lock on my gate that is on privacy fence. Its double sided key. And it fits ingniton switch on my 07 gem. So im not worried about finding another spare now lol

[quote=jreed27c;32937]Midwest Keys has replacement keys for GEM cars, however they are pricey. I ordered a set for my glove box and rear release handle by giving them the number on the lock faces. $30.00 and 1 week later, I had the 2 keys in hand and they work perfectly. They also have the Medeco replacement ignition keys.
I would have put their website on this post, but was unable to because I have not been a member long enough. Google search “Midwest Keys Gem Car” and you will find them.[/quote]

Thanks For the info here is the link

Gem Car MidwestKeys.com, Your Online Source for Replacement Keys