RECALL: GEM AUX BOARD RETROFIT (Picture?)

Anyone have either a before or after, or both, for the recall repair on recall L-11-05 GEM AUX BOARD RETROFIT?

I have searched and read some and know there are a lot of carts where the recall was claimed but the work was never done. Folks used other carts VINs etc. and then sold the part, etc. I want to confirm mine was really done as it is claimed, but still showing the other recall of parking brake.

Several versions of the old PWB

After Update you will have a Black Box with fins that might say Surepower

and a odd shaped power relay as well as delay OFF timer that looks like this:

1 Like

Recall pfft.
Shoot it. Burn it. Crush it with a bulldozer and launch the pieces into a decaying orbit around the sun. :laughing:

Here’s the tech doc:

Thank you I have found that but I appreciate you reposting it.

And yes I understand very well how you feel about these years of Gems.

no doubt… They would not do ‘another’ recall on my 2002 even though I sent a photo of the epoxy filled metal box AND mentioned looking at Step 5 of the instructions and looking at Photo 3 showing the unit to be removed.

So what did you end up doing?

Forced to troubleshoot why it was intermittent and found sealant in the 72V 2-pin connector so I picked it out, cleaned the connector and pins, removed and redrilled holes to move the 1/2" to the left so there was less tension on the 72V input wires. ie I fixed the problem caused by whomever did the recall using the epoxied box unit.

Did you bother to read it or just toss your hands in the air like you always do and just come here expecting people to do your research for you? Because it has photos of all the old and new parts if you bothered to even look at it.

Really? Pretty presumptuous of you. You obviously can’t understand sarcasm or humor, all you do is whine all the time about my posts because you are butt hurt that you think I’m picking on you and your widdle 02. Maybe the internet isn’t for you kiddo.

Wow Sir…I don’t know who pissed in your cheerios, but whoa…Back it down a bit. First i appreciate the help you have provided on any of my posts. Along with the other great folks, it has helped me get up to speed more on these types of vehicles that are new to me since i am more a four wheeling, RV repair guy. So thank you.

Secondly…I can be a very sarcastic person as well and cherish keeping life light and funny as much as possible. The fact is that you do post a lot of negativity, oh sorry sarcastic humor, when a newbie is excited to figure out their new rig. Again, although i appreciate a good joke, and sarcasm i have learned it must be placed and timed well. Maybe its only me, but in my judgment it probably squashed the newbies excitement for their new toy and probably implants doubt into their purchase. We all know that in a lot of cases new is better, but not in all and it doesn’t always fit someones budget, emotional attachment to the toy or maybe even the purpose or use of it in the future. But that is just me. If you really dont think 2004 and older gems are junk, then I and probably many, have missed your appreciation for them.

In either case, my observation was not a personal attack, where you went personal and mean. I’m not worried though as i can take and and am not easily offended or take it personally when others are idiots. I can easily stand up for myself so that is no issue, but of course online bullies usually wont step out behind the cloak of their computer and act the same way. I would rather lift people up and help join them in their excitement and successes then tear them down especially when they are just getting started.

1 Like

You’re hopeless kid.

The last time you had a crybaby fit, you were told by half a dozen members here, at least one of whom is a moderator, that I’m the house comedian. But apparently that was too complicated to understand and you still are trying to pick an argument and then play victim.

And if everyone on the Internet that doesn’t agree with your inexperienced expert option, give you a participation star or a pat on the head is a bully, then you should hang it up now snowflake.

HAHAHAH! Kid? Thats funny too…Yeah i know you are who you are but im sure not everyone who just gets on this site, like myself was, knows you are joking with them. But hey, i am not here as the protector of others, so they can fend for themselves. Speaking of snowflakes, triggered much? hahahaha

Excellent. Now that we have that out of the way, let’s get back to your crappy 02. :rofl:

Peace?

Finally got around to pulling my dash off, and your pictures are very helpful. Apparently lucky for me that the recall on line saying the retrofit was completed is accurate, as it was. I guess many were not so lucky. Thanks again for this.