Rear Facing Gem Seat? (w/photo)

I think if you can get it for under a thou, it’s a good buy. We had to put new batts in ours and it cost about a grand. Overall the car is about the same as others we looked at for over $13000 new. I think a used GEM with dead batts can be found cheaply, and with the new batts is almost as good as new.

The rear facing seats would be great if you are at some kind of a fair. We had an electric car at the Solarfest in Vermont and it was great! We used the back as a kid carrier and got back and forth from the campground in it. It may not work as well on the road, however.

I found an e2 with a rear facing seat…

2007 GEM e2 electric car w/rear seat

Bob

[QUOTE=eS GEM Colo;14087]I found an e2 with a rear facing seat…

2007 GEM e2 electric car w/rear seat

Bob[/QUOTE]

That’s exactly what I want to do. Those rear seat kits are only $400ish brand new. Mounting them is the trick.

it is legal on the street? most states not legal rear seating

[QUOTE=REHalle123;14089]it is legal on the street? most states not legal rear seating[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. It would be great for camp and such but I bet there is some legalities that come into it on the street.

you could always drop a dime on the seller and ask questions… looks like the car is plated… seat must be legal…

Bob

[QUOTE=eS GEM Colo;14091]you could always drop a dime on the seller and ask questions… looks like the car is plated… seat must be legal…

Bob[/QUOTE]

Just because it has a plate on it doesn’t make it legal. It could of been added anytime.

hey… now you are starting to sound like the DMV about my car

Bob

[QUOTE=eS GEM Colo;14093]hey… now you are starting to sound like the DMV about my car

Bob[/QUOTE]

LOL. :slight_smile: Well, if there are no seat belts, that would be a dead giveaway that it is not legal.
It is a really nice looking GEM.

another car with a rear facing seat for sale…

RVs: gem cars for sale 2, 4, and 6 seaters - Hudson Valley, New York

Interesting. That appears to be a golf cart rear seat retrofitted on the Gem.

Brian it’s right up the road… after the snow melts go look…

It is a ezgo seat. The guy is willing to sell the custom bracket. The seat is about $300.00.

thanks deshet for looking into that seat… a couple more that I found… I think the first seat was actually made in AZ for the GEM car… guess the builder went out of business…

anyone looking for a deal on a 4 seat?
GEM CAR FOR SALE RUNS GREAT!

this is a golf cart seat
GEM Car E825 6 Seater

I wish I could find one of these rear
seats.

Anybody ever have any luck finding a good solution for a rear facing seat on a GEM E825 4 seater?