Rear batt install e2

I need to install some new rear batteries in my 2005 e2–the front array is easily accessed under the seat, but there are two in the rear array, which can be accessed by opening the battery cover on the spat…but is that the best (only?!) access point to remove and replace the two rear batteries?

I have replaced all 6 of my batteries in my e2, I have 4 under the seat and 2 under the “hood”. I installed T1275 batteries and needed a friend to help get one in under the seat bracket.

I don’t understand why you only have 2 under the seat and don’t know what a “spat” is. :confused: Perhaps if you included a couple of pictures we could more helpful.

hi tomarys… battery replacement on my 05 eS (truckette) is the four under the seat… remove the center ones first I think you can either push the rear batteries forward or know for sure the can be pulled out the back… any way you do it eat your Wheaties as the batteries are heavy

Bob

Thanks–I have the 4 under the seat and then 2 behind those, under the “spat” (the body panel covering the rear of the car chassis). I was wondering what is the best way to handle replacement of those 2 behind the first 4 and under the body covering (there is a very small access panel I can remove back there, but it doesn’t look possible to move a battery in or out of the opening).

Thanks, Bob–tomorrow I plan to take off the “spat” and see if that gains adequate access to swap one of those rear batteries. If not, I guess I’ll removed the front ones and do the “slide” out and in to the rear position from there.

you should be able to turn the batteries and put them in the back thru the spat… I think the hole was put there for the batteries… I’ve had my batteries in and out more than I should have… the first guys put the rear in both from laying under the car and lifting them up and also from pushing them from the front to back… the next guy went thru the hole in the bed…

Bob

Thanks, I’ll try to find the easiest way and post what I learn.

content removed…

thanks GTMO…

Bob

Thanks! Sounds like fun indeed. Just curious–would it make anything easier to remove the spat to access the rear batteries, rather than approach from the front?..that doesn’t look too difficult.

haha… that’s why I have a mechanic… I really think removing the spat would be a last resort move but since I have an eS (truckette) and haven’t seen an e2 up close…

Bob

content removed…

GTMO… tomarys car is an 05… I believe that car is the same as your 10… think there may have be changes in the Polaris cars… we all have Mopars… haha

Bob

Hi GTMO–I just realized that I posted a report of my experience replacing the batteries on the “Current Limiting Mode” thread rather than here. Suffice to say that removing the spat was definitely the way to go. Very easy, and gave easy access to the rear batteries (and made removing the two middle front batteries a cinch, compared to trying wrestle them out and up from under the seat).

content removed…

Hi tomarys… I have a 2007 e2. I watched the factory mobile van repair replace all of my batteries. He removed the rear 2 batteries by removing the rear spat (fender assembly). Good luck Barry

Thanks for the confirmation, Barry–guess I didn’t reinvent the wheel.

What did you find was the easiest way to replace the batteries? Thx.