Ready to order kit but where?

I called EV USA this morning to order my kit. Jeff told me 3 weeks to get a Motor. Then I called Kathrin at EV Wilderness she told me 2+ weeks on a controller. I then tried Grassroots no motors for 3 weeks. Can someone tell me who has kits in stock I am looking for 72volts DC or more. trying not to spend over $3500 on a kit.

whats it going into? Car, motorcycle?

what motor/controller are you looking for?

3 weeks for a motor isn’t too bad… places are backlogged because of the recent popularity of conversions…

you should plan for that in your design, lots of places don’t stock it, they drop ship from the manufacturer. Don’t get upset, thats how things go.

97 mit eclipse. I have been talking to HI Torque this evening and I think I am just going to buy a forklift and junk it.

well, if you’re that much in a hurry… just remember, rushing never helps. Just because you can’t get it now, doesn’t mean you should let quality suffer because you’re impatient. You’re not going to have a driving car in 3 weeks anyway.

is it seriously more worth it to buy a used forklift, take it apart, get new brushes and clean it up, sell the forklift (if you can even do that)… than it is to wait a few weeks?

Do you even have a clutch adapter plate, motor mount, battery box built? The motor isn’t going to go into it until you’ve got those pieces at the very least. Is the transmission out and cleaned up? Have you got the vaccuum pump for brakes?

what size motor are you wanting to buy? what voltage? how many batteries? what controller? Please answer this time, I’m trying to help.

have you tried KTA-services or EVparts? beepscom.com? CloudEV? EVamerica?

The automatic transmission is going to be a killer…not many people have great luck with auto’s. Maybe you can retrofit a manual in the eclipse?

[QUOTE=frodus;4777]well, if you’re that much in a hurry… just remember, rushing never helps. Just because you can’t get it now, doesn’t mean you should let quality suffer because you’re impatient. You’re not going to have a driving car in 3 weeks anyway.

is it seriously more worth it to buy a used forklift, take it apart, get new brushes and clean it up, sell the forklift (if you can even do that)… than it is to wait a few weeks? [/QUOTE] I only gave $500 for it it is spotless under the covers never been outside but has a bad battery pack I figured this would make a very weak start but a start nonethe less.

Do you even have a clutch adapter plate, motor mount, battery box built? The motor isn’t going to go into it until you’ve got those pieces at the very least. Is the transmission out and cleaned up? Have you got the vaccuum pump for brakes? Trans is out clean. I cut torque converter apart carefully to save the pump drive sleve and both shaft splines. I will build my drive shaft for the trans imput as soon as I get my motor bolted to the plate. I need to know the total length.

what size motor are you wanting to buy? what voltage? how many batteries? what controller? Please answer this time, I’m trying to help. The controller is a CURTISPMC Model 1297-2408 I know this is to small but a start. The motor is a ISKRA 8507622 7 inch diamater

have you tried KTA-services or EVparts? beepscom.com? CloudEV? EVamerica? I missed cloud but I tried the others. They all told me I would have to wait.

The automatic transmission is going to be a killer…not many people have great luck with auto’s. Maybe you can retrofit a manual in the eclipse?[/QUOTE] It came with a auto and I figured I would try it before I trashed it.

I think I know where to get a cheep brake controller out of a wrecked powerstroke superduty. I sold her Biodiesel truck tuesday.

[QUOTE=BridelessRacing;4786]I think I know where to get a cheep brake controller out of a wrecked powerstroke superduty. I sold her Biodiesel truck tuesday.[/QUOTE]

WTF do you need a brake controller for? If it’s coming out of a PU truck it’s probably for trailer brakes and not needed in an EV.

Ford Powerstrokes Are diesel therefore they have no vacum for the brakes. To my understanding 03 and newer powerstroke superduty trucks use a 12volt vacum pump to provide vacum for the brakes and all accesories.

What will happen to this CURTISPMC Model 1297-2408 24 volt controller if I put more voltage to it say 60 volts.

it’l fry as soon as you let off the throttle and the voltage spikes.

the components in the controller are built for a certain voltage, if you go over it, they’ll cook like bacon. 24V is it for those.

you won’t get 50mph, period. not on a 24V motor and controller.

you’ll need to get something above 72V.

I bought my kit from EV-america.com in New Hampshire. I received everything in a timely manner.

[QUOTE=frodus;4819]it’l fry as soon as you let off the throttle and the voltage spikes.

the components in the controller are built for a certain voltage, if you go over it, they’ll cook like bacon. 24V is it for those.

you won’t get 50mph, period. not on a 24V motor and controller.

you’ll need to get something above 72V.[/QUOTE]
Ok thanks I wont overvoltage the controller. I am looking at the Curtis 72-120 volt controller 1221C-7401 Does $1200 seem right for that controller?
I am on waiting list for a advanced DC 9 Inch motor. I am intending on useing the pot box, 400 amp fuse and the contactor switch for the fork dolly. I can get my trans plate tomorrow if the Hurricane causes no problems.

I am planing to start with 72 volts and go up as needed to get the speed and range Brittany will need.

make sure the controller will operate at that low of a voltage. There is usually a set voltage min and max. The controller won’t work if the voltage is too low, or too high for that matter